12/240 Volt Tv

I have a ten inch Goodmans 12/240 volt TV (about 6 to 7 years old) which only has the TV aerial socket but been trying to get my set to recognize the digi box via an RF lead.

Is their a reason why it cannot recognize the digi box this way?

You will need to tune the set to the channel used by the digi box. It will not automatically recognise it as it does when using a scart lead.

There may be a problem if the digi box is using a close frequency to one of you normal channels. In this case you will have to change the frequency of the digi box. The instructions should be given with the box.

Roger

I have a ten inch Goodmans 12/240 volt TV (about 6 to 7 years old) which only has the TV aerial socket but been trying to get my set to recognize the digi box via an RF lead.

Is their a reason why it cannot recognize the digi box this way?

37611[/snapback]

Digi Sky or Digi Freeview?

Sky default setting is channel 68, this is a little high for some old TV tuners, I can list how to change the setting if you need it.

Some of the cheaper freeview boxes don't send the signals out on RF! Only via scart . ...so it will never work on one of those without a modulator (£30. 00).

read the manual ( Read the Flippin manual) & see if you have a choice on output RF channel. .. no choice = no RF output normally.

Some Sony DVD recorders are doing this now. .. a very very stupid way of saving 50p.

Mal