Anyone Own A Tabbert Caravan?

Littleg

No I have 3 switches, top one is a twin which is for the roof light and spot lights, the middle is the unknown one and the bottom is the awning light,

I cannot find any info on these vans what so ever

Hi Littleg,

i will ask a friend here in Germany who owns one.

Maybe he can help :)

Cheers

Peter

Edited by Pekabe

2007 Renault Espace 2. 0 Turbo followed by a 1999 Wilk Tipi 530TK

Hi pekabe

That would be great, also could you find out if there is a main aerial point in the caravan as I have 2 aerial sockets (factory fitted) but can't get any of them to give me a signal

Thanks

Ok, here we go.

I was told that the middle switch should be for the 12V lights.

It seems that besides the 220V power circuit there is another 12V one that gives you lght etc. through either the connection to the tow car or to a battery.

German Ccaravans normally have a 13 PIN connector to the tow car where ine PIn, think it is PIn 9, gives a steady 12V plus.

This means, as long as the van is connected to the tow car, you will have some lights and the water pumps will run.

Dunno how you connect your van to the tow car but it might be worth a try.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Peter

Oh yes - regarding the mains aerial.

In German caravans, there is normally the possibility to install a satellite dish on the roof.

This is usually mounted on a mast that sits within the wardrobe, where your electric wiring and fuses are.

If that caravan is "TV ready", i would assume that an antenna cable lies there - you might have to lift that shelf above the heating to see it.

From there you can either go to the mast or get some outside socket connector fixed on your van.

Cheers

Peter

Hi pekabe

That would be great, also could you find out if there is a main aerial point in the caravan as I have 2 aerial sockets (factory fitted) but can't get any of them to give me a signal

Thanks

Hello Littleg we have one of your beautiful, fantastic, best van I have ever seen in my whole darned life in store here and although it has all the kit, it doesn't have any kind of aerial fitted although it does have the cables inside. ............. Are you sure that you actually have an aerial on the roof?

Bonne chance

Check the wardrobe / closet - should be there somewhere.

Cheers

Peter

Hi littleg,

My Geist was prewired to take satelite and as Peter advises all your wireing may well be under the wardrobe shelf, ( which probably like mine is next to the tv point ). If as you say you'd like to consider either sat' or status on the roof, I'd advise a status for normal use then as I do if your el/inlet at the side of the van is the same as my Hymer pass the sat' lead through the same inlet, into the wardrobe and then connect it to your internal set up. BTW, the reason I'd suggest the status on the roof is like many the idea of an all singing all dancing remote sat dish on the roof is ok! unless your restricted to where you're parked on your pitch, then you'd wish you had a tripod. Enjoy your Vivaldi its a nice 'van. Catch ya later,indoors.

<a href=http://img585. imageshack. us/img585/699/002mfl. jpg' alt='002mfl. jpg'>002mfl.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack. us[/img]

Edited by indoors

" Roughing it, Smoothly " Toyota 3-0 D4D Twincab towing a Hymer Eriba Nova 545 SL

I have received another advice regarding that middle switch.

Another friend said it might be a a switch for the indirect light under the wall closets. These can then be switched off from the bed.

Might be worth if you give that a try too ;)

Cheers

Peter

Edited by Pekabe

Hi Peter, this model doesn't have indirect lighting, the only lights are in the corners behind u shape seating area, which work off the same switch as the cocktail cabinet switch,

This may help you all its a 2008 tabbert Vivaldi 655 model

Please someone help it's really driving me crazy now

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi littleg,

I have a 2003 Tabbert Comtessa and have the same switch as you and have not been able to work out what it is for, so would be as grateful as you to find out. Although I think Pekabe may be right about the 12v car connection.

As for the aerial connections I also have 2 factory fitted aerial sockets but I also have an aerial fitted which is raised using a pole which is located in one of the wardrobes but this is an optional extra.

Mine was a "dry van" but I have adapted the wardrobes and fitted a thetford cassette toilet in there and also fitted a small stainless steel sink and cold water tap in the kitchen area.

I used to have a Hobby caravan before which is really well made but Tabberts are even more strongly built in fact they are probably over-engineered, because adapting the wardrobes mean deconstructing almost all of the cabinet work in the area because it is all interlinked for strenghth.

You have a great 'van I hope you enjoy it. However getting spares, replacement parts or information is very difficult.

Edited by rds60h

• 8 months later...

hi,

i know it's a year since this post about your switches and ariel but i'm a new member with the same problems. the switches are for the 12volt supply and for any body that was thinking of stripping cupboards out to find both the ariel cables, don't! they are just behind the wardrobe door on the left behind the plastic trunking. you wouldn't know they were there! tabbert could have just mentioned it in the manual. mmmmmmm!!!

ken.

• 6 years later...
On 12/11/2011 at 22:06, Pekabe said:

Hi Littleg,

i will ask a friend here in Germany who owns one.

Maybe he can help :)

Cheers

Peter

We are having a problem with the outside toilet door lock could you please advise

we tried the key in the look and now can't get it open

Pekabe has not been on this forum since 2015 and this thread is 7 years old.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

3 hours ago, SMartin77 said:

We are having a problem with the outside toilet door lock could you please advise

we tried the key in the look and now can't get it open

1. I can't think that there's anything special about a toilet locker door on a Tabbert. It'll v likely be identical to lots of other makes.
  2. A little more info. would be useful. Have you had the door open in the past? Does the key turn? Is the key stuck in the lock? Are the locker latch buttons depressing or stuck? Has the locker always been hard to open? Have there been any unusual clicks etc when the door was last closed? Has the door or frame been distorted by anything?

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

24 minutes ago, Steamdrivenandy said:

I can't think that there's anything special about a toilet locker door on a Tabbert.

I heard that they were made of solid gold and cost an absolute fortune. But that might only be the newer ones

12 hours ago, Steamdrivenandy said:

1. I can't think that there's anything special about a toilet locker door on a Tabbert. It'll v likely be identical to lots of other makes.
  2. A little more info. would be useful. Have you had the door open in the past? Does the key turn? Is the key stuck in the lock? Are the locker latch buttons depressing or stuck? Has the locker always been hard to open? Have there been any unusual clicks etc when the door was last closed? Has the door or frame been distorted by anything?

The door was unlocked when we got it so kept it unlocked and always easy to open and close.

ive never noticed any strange noises or clicks before 

the frame of the door is intact 

We would just depress the knob and twist as you would to open and close the locker door 

My partner tried the keys as we would like to sell and make sure all the locks work etc

the key isn’t stuck in the lock but the knob and lock will not turn and stays depressed it won’t turn and come out like it should 

I'm afraid to pry open the door or force the lock

we are going to try a key cutter to see if a new key might help 

I personally think the lock is jammed but I’m so unfamiliar with this problem 

thank you in advance for any advice

On 25/06/2019 at 10:28, SMartin77 said:

The door was unlocked when we got it so kept it unlocked and always easy to open and close.

ive never noticed any strange noises or clicks before 

the frame of the door is intact 

We would just depress the knob and twist as you would to open and close the locker door 

My partner tried the keys as we would like to sell and make sure all the locks work etc

the key isn’t stuck in the lock but the knob and lock will not turn and stays depressed it won’t turn and come out like it should 

I'm afraid to pry open the door or force the lock

we are going to try a key cutter to see if a new key might help 

I personally think the lock is jammed but I’m so unfamiliar with this problem 

thank you in advance for any advice

We managed to get it to work

we put a screwdriver in the keyhole and hit it with a hammer and now for some reason it works with the key and lock very bizarre 

thank you for your help 

On 24/06/2019 at 23:03, svimes said:

I heard that they were made of solid gold and cost an absolute fortune. But that might only be the newer ones

Mines diamond encrusted platinum ?

2015 3. 2 Auto Mitsubishi Pajero tugging a 2016 Tabbert Pucinni 2. 5e

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.