Help!! Water Pump Blowing Fuse!!

Elephant

We have just come back after 10 days away, and the water pump fuse blew 3 times.

We have a 3A fuse in the rectifier of the water pump, which has blown 3 times on this trip and once before. When we contacted the caravan supplier, he suggested that we should stick to the 3A possibly 4A at a push but no more.

It is getting a little tiresome to keep dismantling the bottom of the wardrobe and changing the fuse. My friend suggested that as this only happens when the tap is switched to hot, that there may be a short between the two circuits?

Your advice would be appreciated or Halfords will have to buy in extra 3 amp fuse supplies!!!!!

Nissan X-trail 2. 2 DCi - 2005 Adria Altea 502 DK,2 well-behaved boys who I am immensely proud of!!

(Also a 1990 VW Golf Convertible, which definately does not tow anything!!!)

This post is not meant to intentionally offend anybody

Guest mr_sheens

water pump fuses are usually rated at 10amps. this is why it keeps blowing. if you put a 10amp in and it still blows the problem wii be the pump which should be replaced.

Thanks very much!

Caravan is due for service this month, and I shall ask the dealer to uprate it accordingly.

Nissan X-trail 2. 2 DCi - 2005 Adria Altea 502 DK,2 well-behaved boys who I am immensely proud of!!

(Also a 1990 VW Golf Convertible, which definately does not tow anything!!!)

This post is not meant to intentionally offend anybody

Archived