Pole Sucker Rings On The Side Of The Caravan

springtime

I have 3 rings showing on the side of the van that must have been caused by the previous owner leaving the awning up for a considerable time.

These are only visible when I look at the van wall at an acute angle in sunlight.

I have tried the usual polishing with T-Cut and then with car polish but they are still there.

Does anybody know how I can remove these.

They are almost certainly caused by the solvents used in the synthetic rubber suckers being absorbed into the paintwork.

T-Cut has very little cutting action and is really only effective for removing polish layers.

To go beyond that then you are really looking at cutting compounds from AutoGlym or Meguiars. However these are designed for car paint finishes and caravans do not have the same type or strength of paints used so these sorts of products should be used with extreme care.

Given the lengths needed to see these defects and the risks involved in going further I would be inclined to agree with John. As they are caused by solvents there is a small possibility they may fade on their own, however the solvent action may have even softened the paint to some degree so you might regret attacking it with something more abrasive.

These are only visible when I look at the van wall at an acute angle in sunlight.

The best way to see imperfections in body work is to "catch it in the light". What you are seeing is maybe very slight indentations caused by awning poles being over-tensioned.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

The best way to see imperfections in body work is to "catch it in the light". What you are seeing is maybe very slight indentations caused by awning poles being over-tensioned.

No, they are stains.

Speaking from experience, my advice would be to leave well alone.

I had this problem a month after getting our new van. In trying to remove them I went through the paint and exposed the aluminium underneath.

Like John G I have found that in time they become less noticeable and after four years they are hardly noticeable.

poolebob

Archived