New Site Coming At Ludlow

Griff

Morris Leisure are developing a new site on the banks of the river Teme at Ludlow.

Have tried their sites at Stanmore Hall Bridgnorth and Oxon Hall Shrewsbury which are to a good standard so this looks interesting for 2012.

Stay safe ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Green Oval Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

Lovely area and very underrated in my view. .. looks a good development, cheers for that.

Coachman Amara 380/2

Does anyone know the location of this site ? From Google Earth and wheresthepath I have identified a possible location south of Ludlow off the B4361 near or adjacent to Overton service station.

The site is north east of LAT 52. 344078 LON -2. 718481 on GoogleEarth and SO 51155 72049 on wheresthepath.

It appears to have an established access road which leads to a couple of industrial or agricultural buildings.

Rita

I was originally looking for the site closer to Ludlow as I read on the Ludlow Touring site webpage that it was walking distance from Ludlow. The site appears to be about 2 miles by road which is walking distance but the road doesn't seem to be walkable to me.

DeeTee

Morris Leisure have also applied for a site near to Oswestry, just off the A5, by the marine.

I registered at the Morris website and receive offers now and again - four nights for the price of two etc.

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

I agree road not walkable perhaps they are hoping to create a path along the river

If you check the map on this site against Wherethatmap the boundries tally

http://www. shropshir. ..rk-near-ludlow/

An exact fit. :)

Does anyone know the location of this site ?

In Google Earth, its South out of Ludlow on the B4631 Overton Rd, 800 metres on left before junction with A49. There is a looped shaped track, it is just before a building on the left with what looks like quite a few vehicles stored. The field has 3 old military (RAF I think) buldings in it back up and away from the track entrance,

Enter shropshire council caravan park overton into Google and it shows up a Council Planning Report with a lot of interesting detail.

Worth a a quick scan through.

. ....... I think it's going to be too noisy that close to the A49. ........

Stanmore can be a bit like that as some pitches are only yards from the A458.

Early summer Sunday mornings can be a pain there as the 458 is one of the main Shropshire maniacal biker runs. :angry:

Does anyone know the location of this site ? From Google Earth and wheresthepath I have identified a possible location south of Ludlow off the B4361 near or adjacent to Overton service station.

The site is north east of LAT 52. 344078 LON -2. 718481 on GoogleEarth and SO 51155 72049 on wheresthepath.

It appears to have an established access road which leads to a couple of industrial or agricultural buildings.

The agricultural building are probably the livestock auction. Look a bit more south towards the junction with the a 49. It may be there as there is a lot of earth moving going on when i went passed it. A friend of mine has a small site by the squirrel pub at the next island in to ludlow if your interested

Sim

• 4 weeks later...

Stanmore can be a bit like that as some pitches are only yards from the A458.

Early summer Sunday mornings can be a pain there as the 458 is one of the main Shropshire maniacal biker runs. :angry:

The Shropshire Maniacal bikers as you put it, tends to be the "Power ranger" matching leathers and bike brigade from the West Midland heading to Welsh Wales (via Bridgnorth Cafe of course). :lol:

I stay well clear of Bridgnorth on a Summer weekend, there are far better roads to enjoy elsewhere in Shropshire. ....

Edited by Wits