New Skoda Octavia 4*4 Tdi 105

WipeOut

Hi,

I'm thinking of replacing my current car a Volvo S60 D5 auto.

Hottest contender is the Octavia 4*4 tdi 105 and wondered if anybody had any experiences with it, or any advice?

My caravan is a Bailey Range 470/4

Cheers WipeOut

I have an Octavia 110 Tdi Elegance, a Fabia 1. 9 TDi PD100 Comfort and a Felicia 1. 9D GLi.

Only had a couple of small problems with our Skoda's and these have been sorted quickly at the dealers.

The new Octavia has had very good reports and I've driven both the 1. 9 and 2. 0 diesels although not the 4x4.

The 2. 0 is very quick and even the 1. 9 105 offers decent performance once moving.

As for towing, the VAG diesels are superb and the 4x4 Octavia should be a fine tow car. The new 1. 9 only has 105bhp but does have more torque than the old 110 Tdi (184lbft) so should be OK for towing.

You may want to have a look at www. briskoda. net for more information about Skoda's and towing with Skoda's

If you do find you want a little more performance there are a lot of performance upgrades for the VAG diesels. A simple and cheap tuning box will give over 130bhp and 200lbft for the PD105 engine.

Cheers

Lee

Yeti 2.0TDi EU6 150 DSG 4X4 L&K, Octavia TSi Manual, Fabia TSi DSG, Swift Challenger.

A simple and cheap tuning box will give over 130bhp and 200lbft for the PD105 engine.

Cheers

Lee

37341[/snapback]

One of my concerns about the car is the lack of performance. I'm going to discuss with the dealer if they'll support me if I chip it? Moving from the D5 to a PD105 I'm going to really miss the power :unsure:

Cheers WipeOut

I have a VW Touran with the same engine and six speed gearbox.

I think the Octavia estate is similar in weight and performance.

I would describe the performance as respectable. If you drive at the speed limit and don't try to race people it is fine. If you like a bit of performance then it is a bit of a let down. I find that in gear acceleration is adequate for overtaking etc. but pulling out of junctions and the 0-60 dash is a bit frustrating. I had an avensis D4-D (110bhp 184lb torque) before changing to the touran. It was much faster as I find cars that couldn't catch the avensis are now able to pass the touran. I towed a trailer weighing approx 900Kg last weekend. It was fine on the motorway etc. but required quite a few revs to get going.

Complaints aside, I have averaged 49mpg over 6000 miles which have been driven mostly with a heavyish right foot and aircon on. Overall, it is a very good car and does exactly as it says on the tin !!

Regards,

Andy

I have just completed 700miles in my 2. 0Tdi 140bhp Octavia towing no problems at all, returned 34mpg. They are very good cars. Do you really need the 4x4? I've not had any problems with wet grass yet!

Would also recommend www. briskoda. net

One of my concerns about the car is the lack of performance. I'm going to discuss with the dealer if they'll support me if I chip it? Moving from the D5 to a PD105 I'm going to really miss the power  :unsure:

Cheers WipeOut

37352[/snapback]

If you just go down the Tuning Box route then the big question is do you really have to tell your dealer? ;)

If you go for a full remap then there are a few Skoda dealers that will do it for you through a third party tuning firm and will still cover your car.

There is plenty of info over at www. briskoda. net

Cheers

Lee

Yeti 2.0TDi EU6 150 DSG 4X4 L&K, Octavia TSi Manual, Fabia TSi DSG, Swift Challenger.

• 3 weeks later...

Like mdk1 I own a 2. 0TDI Octy 2 and have had no problems towing with it at all it's a great car. I looked at the 4x4 aswell and have a local dealer that would have supplied one with a remap but decided on the 2. 0 instead so I wouldn't have any insurance complications and could have the sports suspension and 17" alloys :D

Now if they had done the 4x4 with the 2. 0TDI it would have been another story :rolleyes:

Darren

With regard to the re-mapping of the ECu. . When I had my Octavia 110, my dealer dealer said that if anything had gonw wrong prematurely such as the Turbo and VAG wanted to take a look at the car and its engine mapping, the warranty would have been voided.

I suppose you do it if you are certain nothing will go wrong, or can afford to have a warranty voided.

I steered clear of having it done, others I know haven't.

Guest Hobbybod
With regard to the re-mapping of the ECu. . When I had my Octavia 110, my dealer dealer said that if anything had gonw wrong prematurely such as the Turbo and VAG wanted to take a look at the car and its engine mapping, the warranty would have been voided. . . . . .

39283[/snapback]

That's the reason I went to the removeable 'Tuning Box' route. Strangely whenever it went for a service the 'Box' wasn't there!!

110bhp Octavia Estate. It did make quite a difference with the mpg actually improving.