Kogan 12V 19" Led Tv/dvd

Hi,

has anyone tried a Kogan TV Yet ?

I ask as you can get a 12v version for £130 + £11 for the 12v lead. .

http://www. kogan. co. uk/shop/19-hd-led-tv-dvd-pvr-hd-tuner-kogan-pro-led/

where as a similar Avtex TV is nearly £300. ..

I don't really see why a small caravan TV/DVD player should cost more than a 42" LCD TV these day, or is it like a wedding, you put the word "Caravan" in front and double the price ?

Steve

Ordered on but when it arrived it had 2 blown pixels Kogan did offer to change it but were out of stock and as I was not prepared to wait a month for a replacement they gave a full refund including P&P.

Purchased a similar Toshiba 19 inch unit from Richer Sounds for the same price which has a much better picture.

I don't really see why a small caravan TV/DVD player should cost more than a 42" LCD TV these day, or is it like a wedding, you put the word "Caravan" in front and double the price ?

Quite!

I bought a 16" HD ready TV complete with Freeview, SCART, HDMI, PC Input and DVD Player for less than £110 on Amazon. The TV itself is a 12v device so once I found the cable on the net for a fiver it makes you wonder where these other companies get their prices from.

The TV I bought was a Digihome one and since I received it I can see that it's actually exactly the same as the ones you can buy in Tesco's labelled as "Technika".

I bought a Kogan 19" and used my old 12volt connector, no problems, lovely picture. Peter

• 3 weeks later...

Forgive the late reply, I rarely visit this part of the forum.

I bought a Kogan 19" TV for the caravan in about June 2011.

I chose the one without an inbuilt DVD player.

I definitely wanted a TV with LED back-lighting as our home TV ( £500 32" big brand ) of about 18 months ago had failed with its back-lighting inverter about 18 months after we bought it and would have cost about £180 to repair with an expected prognosis of failure again within 2 years - they often do that was a remark made to me.

It was consigned to the scrap heap along with the manufacturer of that TV.

Our replacement home TV has LED back-lighting.

So, the 19" caravan TV has LED back lighting too, it will also work on 12v from the caravan.

But, it also has a comprehensive range of interfaces on the back including USB.

Now the USB interface is interesting because the TV also has a built in PVR ( personal video recorder ) and if you plug in a USB hard drive or memory stick you have a video recorder too, and a music player ( I have about 50 of my favourite CD's on the USB hard drive in the caravan ), and a 'pause and resume' facility for programmes you are watching, and a way to view your photo albums on the USB drive.

Now this TV cost me £109 + £15 delivery and it is absolute magic.

If I hadn't replaced our home TV less than 2 years before I'd have bought one ( a bigger one ) for the lounge at home.

And, in our case, the picture is great too.

I have recommended to friends since I bought it.

This is the one we bought

http://www. kogan. co. uk/shop/19-hd-led-tv-pvr-and-digital-tuner-kogan-elite-led/

and it was on the recommendation on a post in one of the caravan forums.

AIUI, the brand is quite big in the USA and Australia.

Colin