Seating And Back Ache

turboace

My caravan seems to give me back ache.

The seat backs are very low on every caravan I've seen. They offer no support beyond the lower back. The cushions are usually designed make a full bed rather than provide comfort in the sitting position. The short design also fits with the deep windows, allowing plenty of light in. In our Ranger its possible to pile sleeping bags and pillows at the front and sit in the feet up position, but even this doesn't solve the problem.

I know some CT members enthuse about toppers but for me I don't think it a bed issue as when I sit in 'outside' chairs in the summer I don't have an issue.

Does any one else find this a problem? Any solutions, please?

I am having the same problem. I have tried sitting on the fixed bed with cushions behind me, but it doesnt give much support. The actual seating at the front of the caravan wrecks myback. . Like you I have no problem with the outside chairs,unfortunately there isnt enough floor space to use one inside. This really is a problem as it spoils any chance of comfort and relaxation. Wish I knew of a solution, havent found one yet !!!

Cheers

I've also got a bad back, lower left (sacroilliac joint dysfunction) and always need a cushion or some sort of support at my lowed back so took some cushions from the house to use or as an above post says, pillows and / or rolled sleeping bags. Not great but better than nothing to support the lower back when sitting.

Can't really think of anything else :wacko:

Compass Shadow 1988

We tend to flop out on the island bed and I have 2 pillows one folded in half in the gap between the mattress and headboard with the other vertical length ways on so I can rest at about 45* which seems to be the best for me as I can't sit in an upright chair for any length of time anyway.

Archived