Kingsbury Water Park?

has anybody been to this site? we plan going here early april 2012 for our son and daughters birthdays with the plan on taking them to thomas land.

is it level?

showers/ toilets

any info would be great as with having small children we tend to book at haven sites so we know there are things to do

has anybody been to this site? we plan going here early april 2012 for our son and daughters birthdays with the plan on taking them to thomas land.

is it level?

showers/ toilets

any info would be great as with having small children we tend to book at haven sites so we know there are things to do

Hi jamesnshell. Kingsbury Water Park site is a rather nice site. Shower blocks/toilets are very very good and it is a flat site. It is a mix of hard standing & on the turf. The ground is generally firm. The only slight downside is the proximity to the M42,there can be a little traffic noise but we did not find it a problem.

We have used it several times when visiting the NEC. The last time we were there we went over and visited Coventry.

Enjoy your stay.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

If it's very wet the site can flood and the site has been closed several times because of this, other than that it is a very nice site set in pleasant surroundings. Ideally lcated for Drayton Manor / Thomas Land. I used to live near there before I moved up north.

Sam

Edited by SamP

We use Kingsbury quite a lot for various reasons and it is a very good site with relatively good access.

Pitches vary from traditional hard standing to all weather ECO hardstandings (ie a reinforced grass pitch) to ordinary grass. All are level and there is a decent childrens play area.

Toilets very good, access to water park easy and great for walking dogs.

Noise from the motorway is not a problem, just a slight background noise.

I stayed recently while visiting the NEC and can echo others comments. The Dog and Doublet pub is 15 minutes down the road and gives 10% discount to CCC members on food, not the best pub grub I've ever had but by no means the worst.

Many thanks for all your replies, Definaltly will be booking here for april then, we take our lab with us so plenty of walks for him round the surroundings then. Unsure on what pitch to book but will have a think about that.

M42 background noise want be a problem for us as we use to live on a main road whivh was awful but learned to live with it.

Already looking forward to the stay.

Hi

Been there a few times both on the plastic/hardstand and on a gravel hardstand. Toilets etc as you would epect from a CCC site.

Motorway noise - I found it quite bad on one visit but it varies with which way the wind is blowing etc. It would n't stop me going there though.

I have never known the site to flood.

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Hi Russell,

whats plastic/hardstand pitch? I have only ever booked hardstand for van and grass for awning which i find a pain to be honest as when it rains, the water is directed to the entrance of the awning via the draught skirt

I like to be on grass if i can but as i have never booked a ccc site its all new (newbie here)

are all toilets on ccc sites clean/tidy etc?

Quote "whats plastic/hardstand pitch"

These are the ECO pitches where a plastic honeycomb sheet os laid into the ground and then th eholes filled with topsoil and grass seed.

They look just like grass pitches but the van will not sink into the ground if is wet, neither will the car.

As for toilets, normally they are spotless, but like all sites can be not quite as spotless at times, especially during school holiday times.

Edited by Brecon

thats such a good idea :) never heard of them before but im already impressed by them lol

yeah i expected as much with the toilets, same as anywere really when theres more kids theres more mess lol

Edited by jamesnshell

Don't hesitate to stay there - great site with some fantastic walks around the lakes. Totally level, wardens are great.

We heard the slightest drone from the M42 but you had to listen for it.

We are off there for new year for 5 nights.

no way we are definaltyy booking for april next year. . my litlle boy and girls birthdays so thomas land it is. .yipppeeeee (oops its for the kids)

we have to join ccc first though so i get the better rate. will be bookin grass with ehu pitch. looking forward to going as we take our dog aswell so some nice walks sound good :)

have a good stay at new year. .. maybe a few piccies?

I can only echo Madrunners comments about the site and walks, I think there are 14 lakes in all, so plenty of walikng.

Great shopping in Tamwoth and also a great Vet, Riversmeet Vets, should you need them for one of the dogs, as we did last time up there.

Take the walk across the water park to the bridge behind Kingsbury Church, go into the Village to the best chippy for miles . Here you will find a small parade of local shops with a cafe, just a couple of hundred yards down towards the school entrance is a Co-Op shop . There is a small garage/workshop next to the Chippy if you need one . A pub and a Working Mens Club is opposite the shops . Being an ex Kingsbury resident I can vouch for the quality of the Chippy .

Nice site, used it as a stopover this year on way home from Dover, and the Dog & Doublet saved cooking after a long tedious journey. Previous visit was when it first opened in the last 80s - min facils back then! I see that the Age Concession is available all year in 2012.

some very useful information here, many thanks.

videos do look very good, after seeing these i really cant wait to go now and with having some knowledge of local shops etc thanks to AussieAl it will be very enjoyable

also handy to know vets, so thankyou Brecon.

Edited by jamesnshell

If you want to visit a top caravan supermarket while in Kingsbury, find your way to Jacksons of Arley . Just 15 minutes away and a paradise for all things caravan and camping . Check out their website . Cafe on the premises . Just recently rebuilt after a fire wiped them out so all is fresh and clean .