Whats Available?

brizee

Goodafternoon,

We are considering changing our van which is a two berth Swift Coronette for a four berth end bathroom side dinette van. On looking around have not seen anything worth changing ours for, so what we were wondering was are there any foreign vans out there worth having? look forward to your comments Brizee

It depends on your budget Brizee.

No doubt if Indoors sees this post he will be telling you how utterly brilliant his Hymer is and I would have to agree with him.

Currently we have on site an absolutely gobsmackingly gorgious Hobby which is built like a proverbial tank and has a superb interior and then I have in store in our barn what is I believe the best built van I have ever personally seen, namely a Tabbert.

But if you want an end bathroom, you might be scratching around a bit as so many of the European built vans don't have them, however Hymer have some superb layouts.

As for buying them, you might find the best deals to be had will be if you actually go over to Germany and do a direct deal as the bod on site with us at the moment did, he saved a whopping £5,000 over the best deal he could find in the UK.

The van we've just bought is exactly what you describe, but sadly I suspect its far too old for what you're after being a '96! It has a lovely end bathroom with seperate shower and toilet areas and the sink is seperate too. A nice dinette, full cooker, fridge etc. But then, as jimmy says, it's all about budget!

I haven't really seen may Euro vans with a large end bathroom, but maybe I haven't been around enough to know!

Hi Brizee,

Take a look at this GEIST at Elite Caravans, Blisworth,Northampton. http://www. elitecaravans. co. uk/ It really is a bargain at that price. I exchanged a Geist for the Hymer I have now, that makes 7 German caravans since 2001, all from the same dealer, ( when the product and the dealer is that good why change ), The Geist is made by LMC/TEC, they are part of the Hymer Group,nuff said. Catch ya later,indoors.

cimg1677e.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack. us

Hi folks thanks very much for your early replies and sugestions i will get on the net later and have a look. Just a thought on foreign vans whats the insurance like is it silly money??

Brizee

Hi Brizee,

I've never found much if any differance, the Geist is fully UK compliant with everything even down to which side the door is on. Would we all still be driving Rovers if the insurance was cheaper?. Catch ya later,indoors.

NB; Over ten yrs ago having owned 1x new Sprite,1x new Trophy,2x new Bailey and a new Eccles of '95 vintage we decided to look at Continental 'vans, I met Gary at Elite Caravans and was won over by the build quality of T. E. C. caravans and indeed his knowledge of the product he was selling ( for twenty yrs prior to this he was a main ABI dealer ) we further purchased 4 more T. E. C's a Geist 555 Ausie spec and now a Hymer, am I happy I called into Elite all those years ago !!!

We are about to p/ex a 2005 Compass corona 524 with the dealer. Its a great van with all that you have mentioned. Large end bathroom and side dinette, 4 burner hob, cooker.

See if you can locate something like that.

Archived