Caravan Servicing

paul rowland

I have heard that it has been recently made a legal requirement to have your caravan serviced yearly and this fact recorded in the van service history book. Is this correct and if so what do you do if like me you dont have a service book for the van is the receipt enough?

its not a LEGAL REQUIREMENT to have your caravan serviced.

the only reason to have your caravan serviced is to cover it for the warranty period of the caravan. if you do not get it serviced the warranty will be void.

my opinion is always to get the van serviced every year regardless whether it is in warranty or not

Thanks, I do always have my van serviced, however I was told that it had recently been made a legal requirement.

its not a LEGAL REQUIREMENT to have your caravan serviced.

the only reason to have your caravan serviced is to cover it for the warranty period of the caravan. if you do not get it serviced the warranty will be void.

my opinion is always to get the van serviced every year regardless whether it is in warranty or not

37156[/snapback]

Were you told on April 1st?

There's no legal requirement to have caravan, or car, serviced at all but there is a requirement that they are in "roadworthy condition".

It's possible that in the future the EU may require all trailers to be uniformly tested and all speed limits, including towing, would become standard across Europe.

I wouldn't mind an annual caravan "MoT" if we could then tow at 81mph.

But such changes are decades away!

Archived