Roadserve - Anyone Tried It?

lottie

This question has been asked three times before on this site but so far there has been no feedback.

According to the CC who are currently offering this service at £11. 99 to members it provides expert management of all your servicing, maintenance, tyre and MOT needs and fetaures:

• A national network of more than 15,000 main dealer and independent repairers

• Up to 65% savings on car servicing and maintenance

• Work is only carried out with your authorisation

• Free courtesy car or pick-up/drop off available

• Covers all makes of new and used cars, motorohomes* and small commercials, including vehicles under warranty

Plus if you do not save the cost of Roadserve in the first year they will pay you back your subscription. ... though how you will know what you saved if they organise your repairs and servicing etc I don't know.

I daresay the idea is that Roadserve expect to be able to obtain the sort of fleet discounts that would not be available to individuals.

http://www. caravancl. ..fers/roadserve/ (you need to be logged in as a member before you can access this information)

Edited by Grandpa Steve

Having looked at Roadserve's website it seems to be for drivers who do not have a clue about cars and/or garages.

£59. 99 for what? Someone else to find you a garage or repair shop? I don't know of any garage that will fit unauthorised parts and collection/delivery of your vehicle can be arranged without paying £59. 99 for the privilege. I'm better of with the RAC; Homestart and recovery including the 'van plus the driver is covered irrespective of what car you drive at the time.

Roadserve's not for me.

Regards.

Col

RoadServe brings members the benefits that can usually only be enjoyed by fleet car drivers.

The main advantages are threefold:

Job control - a professional, technical expert works with the repairer to ensure that all work proposed is absolutely necessary and justified. For example, that the wear level on brake pads or discs is such that it warrants changing.

Cost control - using manufacturer and industry standard data, maintenance controllers check that the right amount of hours are being charged, and the right amount of consumables such as lubricants etc are being used.

Thirdly, as part of a fleet maintenance scheme, members enjoy the discounts we are able to negotiate with repairers.

We find that our members are consistently delighted with the service that we offer, and the savings that we make for them, and that they appreciate having a technical expert working on their behalf.

Caravan Club members are entitled to an exclusive CC member discount and the guarantee as described by lottie. We have many testimonials and examples of our members' experiences if you would like me to email you something.

Kind regards.

Admin comment:

donquixoteuk is a representative of RoadServe and is currently applying for trade membership. In the meantime we're allowing them to temporarily represent their business so that they can answer any questions you may have.

Edited by BenF
validating identity

Hum. ..Job control. ..I do that myself."You need to replace them? Show me why!"

Cost control. .."How much? You'll have to do better than that if you want my business"

Then again. ..I'd be arguing with myself, as I do it all myself.

Nope, not a service I'd need. Nor, really, can I see anyone with even a bit of knowledge needing.

I feel sorry for the OP. All he/she asked was "what experience anyone had had of using roadserve."

All we get are reasons why people haven't used them or even "Dont want it. Dont need it."

So I echo the OPs comments. Let's hear from anyone who has used them rather than those who haven't

poolebob.

I would bet my last dollar that every company recommended by Roadserve will charge you the earth and more!

Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it gets boring so I go back to being me.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd 3. 0L auto

Lunar Delta TI

RoadServe members choose the repairer as described in my previous post (as opposed to RoadServe recommending them).

The network is made up of main (franchised) dealers, national independents, and local independents.

They are all bona fide businesses operating to the highest standards to deliver excellent service to both retail and fleet customers.

RoadServe passes on the discounts it negotiates with these repairers to its members.

These discounts are less than the retail rate.

Its a very simple, honest proposition that benefits its members hugely, not least through reducing the costs of servicing and maintaining their vehicles.

I have used roadserve twice now, once for my wife,s car and once for my own. My car went for an mot and air con problem, they saved me £35 on the mot price and I had been quoted £150 for the air con (was told a pipe was fractured by what was my normal garage) roadserve dealt with it, NO fractured pipe so simple re gas was all that was required cost £32 total saving on my car so far £153. My wife's car was a massive saving, it was booked at the main dealer it has alway gone to but through roadserve, the saving was mind blowing, , nearly a £1000 pounds which was achieved by discount but mainly cost control, the maintenance guy at roadserve stopped unnecessary work being done and made sure that the correct hours had been charged for what was done.

I would also add that when I left school I served my time as an apprentice mechanic ( back in the days of allegro's ) so am better placed than most to argue my corner, but why put yourself through all that when it cost me £23. 98 for both our cars for the whole year, and I saved more than that on my MOT alone. So unless you are someone that just lives to argue with people it's a no brainer, no more hassle and fantastic savings. I hope this helps both you guys and road serve, I can't recommend them enough.

RoadServe members choose the repairer as described in my previous post (as opposed to RoadServe recommending them).

The network is made up of main (franchised) dealers, national independents, and local independents.

They are all bona fide businesses operating to the highest standards to deliver excellent service to both retail and fleet customers.

RoadServe passes on the discounts it negotiates with these repairers to its members.

These discounts are less than the retail rate.

Its a very simple, honest proposition that benefits its members hugely, not least through reducing the costs of servicing and maintaining their vehicles.

I drive a 4 x 4 1996 Toyota Hi Lux surf 3. 0L auto diesel which is an import and based on the 4runner or Colrado. Would road serve cover this type of vehicle being an import?

Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it gets boring so I go back to being me.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd 3. 0L auto

Lunar Delta TI

• 7 years later...

I’m really disappointed with the service I received today.  It’s a great concept with pleasant enough staff but poor implementation. I thought they were about ensuring people don’t get ripped off by unscrupulous garages. Roadserve failed to call me in ADVANCE to agree charges up front BEFORE any work got done. I trusted that they’d act in my best interests. They failed to do so and I got financially stung. I took receipt of the car and Roadserve called me to retrospectively to agree the inflated costs. Be really careful as their systems are clunky and you have to be on top of them all the time.  Also make sure you receive calls in a quiet place so you can clearly hear what they are saying to you ESPECIALLY the cost. I have paid an inflated bill and my car has 2x scratches on it that weren’t there this morning. If you do use them, please heed my earnest advice.

Welcome and we note that your first post is not very positive. Can we help at all and what sort of caravan do you have? 

We do prefer peoples first posts to be of a more positive nature. We suggest you put your tow vehicle and caravan into your profile.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

1 hour ago, WispMan said:

Welcome and we note that your first post is not very positive. Can we help at all and what sort of caravan do you have? 

We do prefer peoples first posts to be of a more positive nature. We suggest you put your tow vehicle and caravan into your profile.

SassySassy  is one of the few people to reply to the original poster's question and gets told off....

Edited by Richard080561

I fail to see how Wispman's post can be described as being "told off" - in fact I thought it was quite helpful.

7 hours ago, onewheelonmywagon said:

I fail to see how Wispman's post can be described as being "told off" - in fact I thought it was quite helpful.

9 hours ago, Richard080561 said:

we note that your first post is not very positive.

9 hours ago, Richard080561 said:

We do prefer peoples first posts to be of a more positive nature.

I read those two parts as a passive aggressive telling off

11 hours ago, WispMan said:

Can we help at all and what sort of caravan do you have? 

11 hours ago, WispMan said:

We suggest you put your tow vehicle and caravan into your profile.

The poster was not asking for help, just responding to the OP.  What caravan or tow vehicle he or she has is irrelevant at this point.

7 hours ago, onewheelonmywagon said:

I thought it was quite helpful.

I can't see anything helpful or relevant to the thread 

I do not have to justify myself but I was trying to politely point out the forum's rules and I looked at this profile and found no caravan.

The OP's post was from 8 years ago so I do not see SS's post as being a reply but rather an addition to the thread for their own reasons. I am questioning those reasons.

I just love the comment about "passive telling off"!

I would remind people that SS is a registered but not an approved member which indicates that posting has been made as soon as they can.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

As someone who has moderated forums for many years I am reading several posts on this thread as SPAM.

Almost invariably posters who criticise any trader or organisation on their first post are doing it for malicious reasons and just as often they get answered by someone connected to said organisation using an alias.

It's sad but true and the bane of any admin/moderators life.

Hopefully it isn't the case in this thread but if I were moderating I would have very strong suspicions and would propably lock the thread.