Is A Pyramid Corsican A Good Starter Awning?

glreeves

I have seen a good price on a new Pyramid Corsican awning and for our holiday use it would be about right. I know that Dorema and Bradcot are probably better but is the Pyramid Corsican a cheaper alternative that I could live with? Thanks for any experiences. .

Our first awning was a Corsican - superb piece of kit for the money. Breathable fabric, never leaked, easy to put up and get tight. You cannot go wrong with it. But that's just my experience ! We bought a second pyramid Tuscany for a second van and that was just as brilliant !!

Dorema awning are 40% off on website, I bought one last year and was well pleased with it, worth a look

http://www. dorema. co. uk/

This looked good until I checked. ..and they have sold out of the size 12 Montana that I was interested in! Oh well. ..thanks anyway. Graham

You could always look at buying second hand, if you aren't in a rush you can sit back, wait and pick up a bargain. You can check out e bay, or sites like preloved or the caravan club classified ads. At the moment, things have quietened off, but there are awnings up for sale.

M

Had a tuscany on other van and it was great did the job well steal poles heavy but its not the end of the world if you are on a budget and want new not used go for it.

When we changed vans and they never fitted our replacement, We always bought Bradcot Classics for quality and price, until we bought our 2010 Pastiche in November 2009, we looked at another Bradcot and a Pyramid Corsican and felt they were very close in quality and the extra £200 Bradcot wanted we decided to go for the Corsican, and since using it we have not been disappointed.

It really is down to personal choice.

My local dealer tells me Pyramid are in administration dont know if this is true. How would the warranty work if they go? Might seem cheap now but could be costly if you have an issue.

We have a Corsican, yes they are cheap. But I wouldn't buy another. I have had to have mine repaired, twice.

My dealer told me that Pyramid had been taken out of administration a few days after they entered it. Something to do with the bank calling in its loan and then the money coming from another source. Not sure the truth of it though. Google doesn't give an answer either.