First Caravan And Feeling Deflated :-(

Hi everyone, we are normally tent people and decided to take the plunge and buy our first caravan. We were so excited a lovely little 12 ft for towing but now have discovered that we don't have anything under the sink!! I think I need a pump water container and container for waste water from what I have read but don't know the difference between any of these and not certain what I can get away with. Also don't have a water heater etc.

To make matters worse I see the seller is offering all of these extras again and I know its our own fault for not checking or asking but it would be nice to be able to trust people wouldn't it! I am looking at water waste containers and can someone tell me do they go in under the sink? also do I also put the water holder and pump under the sink too? and what is the lead I need to connect the pump to the tap???

Caravan is really old and great until we get into the swing of it but as you can imagine I don't want to put putting a lot of money into it.

Really would appreciate any advise you can give. ..

Thanks,

Waste goes outside or you get smells in the van.

What model van have you purchased?

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

we bought our water containers off ebay and just sterilised the fresh water container, halford do some cheap black plastic waste containers about a tenner, if not check preloved theres usually a few items cheaper locally, don't dispair tin tents are great. .. oh and on our old van we used to take fresh water in the 5 liter containers from tescos that van didn't have a pump either lol

good luck and happy caravaning ;)

Hello Siuire. If your van is less than 20 years old, maybe more, it will have a connection on the outside of the van for a water pump. Look for a flap 4 x 6 inches and inside it should have a socket for the hose and two electrical pins for powering the pump. You should be able to pick up a pump and hose on flebay or at a dealer. The pump is driven electrically and needs a battery to operate. This will be a car type battery, not a torch type. The sink (and wash room basin if fitted) should drain to the outside under the van. Look for the end of a pipe just under the outside wall. Pour a cupful of water down the sink and you should find the outlet. Enjoy your new van.