Discover Leisure Caravan Stock Sold

poolebob

Looks like Discover sites will not reopen under a new name.

The Caravan Company have bought all the stock. From their web site.

"Following the collapse of Discover Leisure, who until recently boasted the country’s largest caravan and motorhome dealer network, The Caravan Company are pleased to announce the purchase of Discover Leisure’s stock of new and pre-owned touring caravans from the administrator. "

"Many of these caravans are unused 2010 and 2011 models including the very latest Bailey Alu-Tech designs, Swift Challenger and Conqueror, as well as tourers from the new Elddis range. All are offered at significant savings off the manufacturers recommended retail price."

"Discover Leisure customers who ordered a second hand or new 2010 or 2011 model and had their deal cancelled as a result of the company’s receivership are encouraged to contact Martin Woolfe at The Caravan Company’s Leicester site by telephoning 0116 253 6767. If the caravan they were hoping to purchase is still available The Caravan Company will do everything possible to ensure customers are not disadvantaged by the unfortunate closure of Discover Leisure."

I'm off this morning.

poolebob

Admin Comment:

Thanks to Poolbob for passing on this information to our members.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that is interesting indeed. .must admit I don't know the Caravan Company.

Interesting also that new ones are being included as more normally the newer ones are held as commission stock and they only paid the manufacturer on sale, or after say three or six months. ...Unless you have lousy credit and you have to pay up front!!........hmmmmmmmm

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

I believe this is the same company that bought up the Avondale stock when they collapsed a couple of years ago. If so there will be some deals to be had, although I cannot comment on what after sales backup is being offered.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Interesting also that new ones are being included as more normally the newer ones are held as commission stock and they only paid the manufacturer on sale, or after say three or six months. ...Unless you have lousy credit and you have to pay up front!!........hmmmmmmmm

geoff

Your not the only one Geoff, we live 20/30 minutes from Leicester and I have never heard of the Caravan Company.

Interesting also that new ones are being included as more normally the newer ones are held as commission stock and they only paid the manufacturer on sale, or after say three or six months. ... Unless you have lousy credit and you have to pay up front!!........hmmmmmmmm

geoff

Geoff

Discover Leisure was only two years into a five year Creditors Voluntary Arrangement, so credit rating wouldn't be very good.

DeeTee

As the OP perhaps I should have made it clear that I have no connection with the Caravan Company whatsoever.

They have been around for quite a few years now. They only sell used vans and from our visits they seem to be of good quality.

At Wimborne at least they do servicing but will only service vans bought from them.

I have found their accessory shop very helpful.

And yes they did buy Avondales stock.

poolebob

Hi to you all out there. This 'Mopping Up' exercise by the Caravan Company as indeed the Avondale exercise showed is a quiet display of their buying power or credibility for finance if that was they exercised.

Could it be that we may see the Caravan Company identity/profile in other areas of the country in the not so distant future?.

The images that they display indicate very tidy caravans of all ages but can a company of their size survive on only pre-owned and 'Mop-Ups' ?.

Could a few of these 'Mop-Ups' give them a taste for a little expansion into the New Caravan market ?.

Could it be time for some new untainted blood to be transfused into the North West and or Cheshire now that there appears to have been a cremation of a VERY POORLY COMPANY ?.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

According to Companies House, the Caravan Company appears to comprise five separate private limited company registrations the oldest of which was registered about 17 years ago.

geoff

Hi. You have it in one!

Regards

vectra

Discover Leisure was only two years into a five year Creditors Voluntary Arrangement, so credit rating wouldn't be very good.

Yes I was aware of that DeeTee, as until last year they also serviced my 'van which I had bought from them. ..Interesting thing was that when I bought my replacement,elsewhere, I asked them for a quote for fitting motor movers. ..They would not fit either Enduro or Powertouch and quoted two others I had not heard of. ...........obviously they were the only ones they were getting credit for. .......

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

According to the list published on their website they have taken in 166 vans from Discover. Now the only site of theirs that I am familiar with is the one at Wimborne, I have no idea how big their other 3 sites are but I shouldn't think they could squeeze more than another 20 or so onto the Wimborne site; so where do they intend to stock them, I wonder?

Perhaps some of the earlier stock (which they probably paid peanuts for!) will go straight to the auctions!

That appears to be the source of poolebob's OP at 0909 AM

Oh! Iwas looking at the site when it changed so thought it was new. Don't think the list was there when I looked earlier.

The Caravan Company are local to me and I regularly buy things in their accesory shop in Leicester. The staff always seem to know what they are talking about. Although I have not bought a van from them, they do always have a lot of, at least on the surface, very clean looking vans on their sales site in Leicester.

i bought my current (used) van from The Caravan Company at their Finedon depot - have to say they were very pleasant people to deal with, knew what they were on about & the sale/part exchange went through as promised with a few extras thrown in which i didn't expect. .

when i had an issue a few weeks after purchase it was dealt with without argument and, as Finedon is quite a way from my home in Lincoln, they even refunded my deisel costs for the 2 round trips i had to make to drop off & collect.

would i deal with them again? - certainly -

(have to say that i am sometimes a bit "picky" about where i buy from so this is a real compliment :D )

Been to the one at Wimborne many times as it is just up the road, only sell secondhand vans and only what appear decent condition vans. A small accessory shop on the site as well.

Andrew

Latest up date.

Vans will all be delivered to the Reading site and then distributed from there. If they hold one in stock somewhere else and you are really interested, they will try and get it in for you. Salesman was unclear about warranties

They had an interesting sign

Remember the caravan you saw today and are thinking about buying tomorrow is the same one that someone saw yesterday and is buying today.

pooebob

Latest up date.

They had an interesting sign

Remember the caravan you saw today and are thinking about buying tomorrow is the same one that someone saw yesterday and is buying today.

pooebob

that was also up in the Finedon office (see my earlier post) made me think and i bought on the spot - something i never do!!

They are only a used caravan outlet and not reconised dealer for any manufacture. there is a reason for that which is i am not a liberty to say. They havent bought all the stock just some of the remaining stock a few main dealers have also bought stock too

They are only a used caravan outlet and not reconised dealer for any manufacture. there is a reason for that which is i am not a liberty to say. They havent bought all the stock just some of the remaining stock a few main dealers have also bought stock too

Ooooh! Secrets on this forum? Never!!!!!

its been very sad this week too see all the vans and motorhomes leaving the chaple lane branch, did wonder were thay would be going.

does anyone know what will happen to all the stock in the shop, i was hoping that thay would have a sale.

Smashing deals to be had right enough ! A 2011 Bailey Olympus 624, fixed bed twin axle with motor mover for under 13 grand !!! :blink: Mrs Smeesh needs to see this !

Grumpy Auld Smeesh. ......... :angry:

Ace Jubilee Statesman . ......Jaguar S Type 2. 7d SE Auto Sport . .........

My caravan Elddis was purchased new At (Wimbourne) Which is now The Caravan company

http://www. thecarava. ..t_wimborne. html

Interesting looking at the new stocklist of caravans from Discover . About 20 new 2011 caravans .

Dave

Archived