Pump Housing

Paul Dodd

:unsure: I'm going to replace a Carver Crystal 3 pump housing with a Mark 2 because Truma tell me it's a better design and doesn't leak. Anyone found snags with this job? Is the water connection easy - is it a push fit or compression? I'd be glad of any hints.

:unsure: I'm going to replace a Carver Crystal 3 pump housing with a Mark 2 because Truma tell me it's a better design and doesn't leak. Anyone found snags with this job?  Is the water connection easy - is it a push fit or compression?  I'd be glad of any hints.

37119[/snapback]

The Mk3 was abandoned as the filters sometimes leak. The Mk2 should be an easy fit. The connectors are smooth and so will require clips. The connections can be modified such that only the cold water is filtered by clippping the end off the blank tube and connecting the hot water pipe to it. Replacement filter inserts are available from most dealers (Pyramid) although I have a preference for the Filtapac ones.

Mike

The Mk3 was abandoned as the filters sometimes leak.   The Mk2 should be an easy fit.   The connectors are smooth and so will require clips.   The connections can be modified such that only the cold water is filtered by clippping the end off the blank tube and connecting the hot water pipe to it.   Replacement filter inserts are available from most dealers (Pyramid) although I have a preference for the Filtapac ones.

Mike

37165[/snapback]

Thanks Mike.   What "blank tube" are we talking about, precisely???

37308[/snapback]

I am assuming that the Truma 2 is the same as the Carver 2 (I'm fairly confident that it is). There is a tube sticking out the back of the unit (below the filter housing and next to the electrical connectors) which is closed at the end. The end can be cut off and the hot water pipe connected to this. Have a look at the schematics on the Truma site:

http://www. trumauk. com/

Mike

Archived