Santa Fe Or Ix35

deeps

Looking at changing my 08 Tucson shortly but undecided between Santa Fe or IX35, there seems to be more Santa Fe's about and at better prices than the IX35 4x4, both vehicles are capable of towing my van.

Initially I was leaning more towards the IX35 2. 0 4X4 manual for better fuel consumption, but having read a few reviews and spoken to two owners it seems that the IX35 model does not return anywhere near the figures quoted on fuel consumption and probably wouldn't return much more per gallon than the manual Santa Fe.

I would appreciate any views from owners I will be looking at 2010/11 reg vehicle

The Santa Fe would be my choice, especially if there is a likelyhood that you get a heavier caravan at a later date. I had a 2009 Santa Fe which was a great towcar, but I found the rear suspension too soft for towing. I have now got a Mk3 Sorento which has the same engine and gearbox as the updated Santa Fe. It is near 200 BHP and just oozes power. I however have an auto which is also a beautiful piece of engineering, very smooth. The other good thing with the engine, it has chain driven cams, so no timing belt to change or break.

Out of interest is your username anything to do with submarines?

No not submarines but was R. N. Diver now retired.

Nice to know another ex R. N. is onboard. See you at tot time!! :)

Not sure what the situation is now but a month ago, I was enquiring about the IX35 and was told that because of a factory move by Hyundai, the dealers would not have any more this year.

Might well mean that if they are in short supply, s/h prices are higher than usual

poolebob

Nice to know another ex R. N. is onboard. See you at tot time!! :)

I used to work with a ex RN, he got very upset when i asked about "rum bum and baccy"

I used to work with a ex RN, he got very upset when i asked about "rum bum and baccy"

Ah! the good old days!!! Its now "Coke, t*ts and mobiles"!!! :rolleyes:

Did he tell you about taking turns in the rum barrel? :blink:

Edited by Seaman

Why are you wanting to change from a Tucson? We have had one for 3 years which was recently written off, so looking for a new car ourselves. Was thinking of getting the same - if only I could find one!

Hi my vehicle is 08 plate now done 37000 miles changing it before I loose too much on the trade in value, although bit concerned now about buying newer Santa Fe as there are reported clutch problems on the Hyundai owners website, so have been looking at Ford Kuga as well. Pity they dont have a 5 year warranty though.

As for the IX35 as somebody else on this site suggested the dealers are inflating the used vehicle prices because they can't supply new models.

There is very little about at the moment which fits our criteria - can't seem to find anything. Have looked at another Tucson, Sante Fe, Sorrento and Honda CRV but some of the mileage is astronomical. Think we'll end up having to go out of town to get something suitable.

Ah! the good old days!!! Its now "Coke, t*ts and mobiles"!!! :rolleyes:

Did he tell you about taking turns in the rum barrel? :blink:

I didn't know that, things have changed. :o

He didn't mention the rum barrel, to be honest he took the comment far too seriously which did make me wonder?

I didn't know that, things have changed. :o

Oh they have changed!!!!! They have females on the ships now - that is really tempting fate!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: