Sky Hd Mini Dish & Quad Lnb

Mikeee

Thats not a bad price complete with Quad LNB . A place near me does the dish for £15. 99 and the sky Quad LNB for £6. 95 .

http://www. aerialshack. com/

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Thats not a bad price complete with Quad LNB . A place near me does the dish for £15. 99 and the sky Quad LNB for £6. 95 .

http://www. aerialshack. com/

Dave

Cor!!!, i have obviously just been ripped off, as i have just paid £12 for a replacement single LNB

Tony G

Kia Sorrento 2. 5 CDi 59 plate Towing 2011 Swift Conqueror 645

I don't think that's necessarily the case. There are companies (and especially eBay sellers) selling Sky LNBs at prices much lower than I can buy them trade so go figure! I personally believe that they are falling off the back of a Sky van or they are sub standard in some way. Very few companies have the buying power to get a really good discount and, if they have, they don't usually pass it on to the average "punter".

The other factor is that Sky minidish LNBs may be cheaper than standard 40mm LNBs because Sky LNBs are made in higher volumes for the UK market.

Also, you may pay a little more for good technical support. You won't get much of that from the likes of Amazon and most DIY stores, since they don't employ experts in every field of technology.

I don't think that's necessarily the case. There are companies (and especially eBay sellers) selling Sky LNBs at prices much lower than I can buy them trade so go figure! I personally believe that they are falling off the back of a Sky van or they are sub standard in some way. Very few companies have the buying power to get a really good discount and, if they have, they don't usually pass it on to the average "punter".

The other factor is that Sky minidish LNBs may be cheaper than standard 40mm LNBs because Sky LNBs are made in higher volumes for the UK market.

Also, you may pay a little more for good technical support. You won't get much of that from the likes of Amazon and most DIY stores, since they don't employ experts in every field of technology.

An interesting comment.

At a local boot sale a Sky installer has been selling Sky dishes at £10 and quad LNBs for £5. for many months He has a large stock on display and I am sure he sells dozens each Sunday. Sub-standard LNBs? They are in sealed manufacturers' boxes complete with production details so easily traced if necessary. Funny bit is another satellite dealer 25 metres away is selling quad LNBs at £20 so it depends which way you walk round the site on how much you pay.

My theory - perhaps when doing Sky upgrades the original LNB is left in place and the new one sold?

BTW if using for caravanning these Sky dishes usually have wall mount brackets not pole mount.