Drain-Away Caravan Accessories Wastemaster Waste Pipe

I bought one of these on ebay http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/170687109894?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984. m1497. l2649

Fits a treat & works much better than the original pipework manifold.

Good price too :)

Don't think so 3 pieces at over £2 a piece each (assuming you can find the exact parts) plus bend plus small pieces of piping connections plus petrol/diesel to & from B&Q would come to more than the cost.

£6. 99 already assembled and no postage costs seems reasonable.

Edited by springtime

Don't think so 3 pieces at over £2 a piece each (assuming you can find the exact parts) plus petrol/diesel to & from B&Q would come to more than the cost.

£6. 99 already assembled and no postage costs seems reasonable.

The parts have obviously gone up as when I bought the parts they were all under £1 each. The cost of the diesel was justified as I ended up making over 20 units for members of my caravan club !.

Very useful and tidy accessory.

Bill

The parts have obviously gone up as when I bought the parts they were all under £1 each. The cost of the diesel was justified as I ended up making over 20 units for members of my caravan club !.

Very useful and tidy accessory.

Bill

And how much did you charge for each made up unit?

And how much did you charge for each made up unit?

The ones I made were only for 2 outlets i. e. 3 parts. I then acquired a length of waste pipe to make the 2 connectors and the drain end extension and I think from memory, which is very poor, they cost about £2. 75.

Bill

We bought the two pipe version and use it all the time. We have bought various other bits and bobs from B&Q to set up the system when we're on full-serviced pitches, but I thought the price we paid for the made-up unit represented good value.

I notice in the picture it sits on the higher end of the wastemaster ok. Does it sit ok on the lower end - ie when you are pitched on a slope and the high end is higher than the outlets ?

Edited by Shirl250

I bought similar off ebay for 2 outlets. It's a lot easier than the 2 flex pipes into the manifold and then another flex pipe which always used to flick out of the wastemaster splashing waste water onto me.

This is a lot neater and allows the wastemaster to sit close to the van. I just line the wastemaster up so the water drops straight in.

Noticed that the shower drains quicker with it as the old flex pipes used to sometimes bend upwards when the wastemaster was close to van.

Chose the "lazy" option and bought off ebay with it all pre assembled and complete with the little bits of flexi pipe to go into the van outlets.

Ian

I bought similar off ebay for 2 outlets. It's a lot easier than the 2 flex pipes into the manifold and then another flex pipe which always used to flick out of the wastemaster splashing waste water onto me.

This is a lot neater and allows the wastemaster to sit close to the van. I just line the wastemaster up so the water drops straight in.

Noticed that the shower drains quicker with it as the old flex pipes used to sometimes bend upwards when the wastemaster was close to van.

Chose the "lazy" option and bought off ebay with it all pre assembled and complete with the little bits of flexi pipe to go into the van outlets.

Ian

Same here. ....does the job fine for me.

We bought the various bits and pieces from B & Q several years ago for a few quid and no postage. Works well.

Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it gets boring so I go back to being me.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd 3. 0L auto

Lunar Delta TI

Get the bits from screwfix, just as cheap.

http://www. screwfix. ...bend-32mm/76431 x2

http://www. screwfix. ...-tee-32mm/62692 x1

For a 3x outlet you will need an extra tee and a small amount of 32mm pipe but unfortunately this is only available in 2/3 metre lengths.

I'm assuming that you mean pick it up from screwfix as the postage is a fiver.

Not so cheap now :(

Funnily enough we have ended up with two wastemasters. After having the first one full, thus not allowing the shower to drain properly and nearly flooding the caravan, we have opted for a second. Pulling two along to the sluice is as easy as one and you have to do it less often. More time for other things.

For a 3x outlet you will need an extra tee and a small amount of 32mm pipe but unfortunately this is only available in 2/3 metre lengths.

You can use short lengths of the flexible hose instead of the rigid pipe if you want, it fits the 32mm push fit connections well. Or if you do buy the 2metre length, after you have cut off the small sections you need cut the remainder in half and use it, along with a straight connection if/when required, when on serviced pitches. I use two 2metre lengths cut into unequal halves, saves having the flexible pipe lying curled up on the pitch, seems to aid waste drainage. Out of the four lengths I can normally get the necessary length to reach the drainage point, a short length of the flexible pipe can be used if needed to make up any size required.

I'm assuming that you mean pick it up from screwfix as the postage is a fiver.

Not so cheap now :(

A good use for household 32mm white waste piping is for Aquaroll filling tubes which me and most of my caravanning colleagues use. . It needs a small loop, at one end, made from bungee elastic to make a tap retainer but is a very efficient way to fill Aquarolls. Length needs to be about 18".

It was pointed out on this forum that this material is not 'food grade quality' which never worries us as we never drink water from the caravan system preferring a separate container and Brita filter. They are so cheaply made that you can afford to change them every few months.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...