Bailey Worktops

GT60

Hi in mid 2009 there was a problem with the edging strips coming away on the worktops in the caravans due to a poor glue being used and Bailey admitted this.

What i need is some form of proof of this and the outcomes.

I do have some proof but would like more as i am being told it is not a warranty issue by a dealer

so any info would help please.

Thanks GT

Also there was someone who lived in Eccles who had this problem with his Gt 60 which he bought in 2009 and i would like to chat to if poss.

You don't say which worktop. I had problems with the one in the bathroom. It was replaced once under warranty and still came unstuck. Was re glued again but still has a short length which has come unstuck.

I think the problem is that it has two curves in different directions.

poolebob

This stuff is good for edge work I think. It is always a good idea to hold the edge on as it is curing with masking tape ties as you go.

http://www. amazon. co. uk/UniBond-No-More-Nails-Press/dp/B002NKO5P6/ref=sr_1_2?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1319646011&sr=1-2

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

It is both worktops that i am having problems with.

To glue an edging strip on worktops use evostick (the smelly stuff)

Edited by GT60

Try this stuff. ... I use it when woodworking.

http://uk. gorillaglue. com/

It was used for some areas in this bookcase I made. It was used to laminate two lengths of oak veneer MDF to make it up to the required thickness.

imgp1295e.jpg

img1899iz.jpg

Just make sure you can pull the edge tight for a while as the glue sets. You need to dampen both faces for the best results then add the glue. It does foam up like expanding foam slightly. . so you need to just use sparingly and make sure the edge is pulled tight. You can trim off any that expands out with a sharp blade but it works better than any super glue or no nails type product.

when are you going to make me a show case like that? cool :)

I want one

:D

Thanks for that

when are you going to make me a show case like that? cool :)

I want one

:D

Thanks for that

No problem hope that you get it sorted and the glue helps. ... Just dont get it on your skin. .. It is a sod to get off. .... lol. .

I would make anyone something similar if they pay me enough. .. lol. . Just took up a couple of months of weekends so about 12 to 14 days in total to do. . But after my wife priced up some other woodwork being done elsewhere it would have been way too expensive!

We had someone quote to make some sliding doors as doors are a swine to make and these had to be delicate. PLUS fit into the opening we had not some off the shelf system which would have lost a lot of space as they couldn't make the doors fit the shape of the room. .. (cant see the corner with the angle for the roofline in this photo). The "master carpenter" quoted about £1200 for the four doors and making runners to fit the room. He gave up after putting the top and bottom runners in and attempting to do a narrow scribed infil over the ends. His gaps were way too big and he said it was not possible to get them closed any better. We did that bit and sent him a photo of our infill and he just refunded the money and we did it ourselves. Sliderobes quoted us £4000. for an off the shelf system that would have lost us too much space so we just now get on and make it ourselves. .. lol.

img2202b.jpg

But again used Gorilla Glue for parts which needed it too.