Truma Ultraflow Winter Kit

kiaboy

As last Christmas/New Year was a deep freeze, I decided to take the plunge and fit a Truma Winter Kit installation took about 4 hours as I had to remove chest of drawers and then thread pipe and cable through the door kickboard, then round the fixed bed to the rear wash area, total 10meters of pipe and cable, couple of elbow push fit fittings, spade connectors and the winter kit and a blank plug total cost £80. Was disappointed as the Truma winter kit should have had the blanking plug included but looking at the sticky label they are no loger included, pity they didn't make that clear on the box contents, so that cost another £8. 95, an email has gone to Truma, stating my disappointment.

Anyway after testing system, all OK.

This is the third van I have done this to, so we will certainly get use out of it (weather permitting)

Paul

Just had an email from Truma UK

They said:

"After making enquiries,Truma Germany (suppliers to Truma Uk) use generic packaging and supply two types of housings Winter and Compact, one with and one without blanking plug.

They are aware of the confusion caused, and labelling of these products from July 2011 has been changed"

They have advised I will get a refund of the extra cost of £8. 95.

So make sure you check what is in the box before you buy.

what exactly is a winter kit please

It's a kit to allow the water container to placed inside the caravan to prevent the water from freezing in Winter. The water inlet socket on the outside of the 'van is blanked off with a plug when the Winter kit is in use.