Bailey Unicorn Fitted Carpets

foxfold2002

Hi anyone know who supplies bailey the fitted carpets for the Valencia range, my bathroom carpet has red bowl cleaner all over it, as it spilled out as we were travelling.

I have put the carpet in the washing machine and it has washed a treat but it has gone all floppy. . :wacko: . oops. .

Its lost its stiffness!! :lol:

I have checked the bailey parts website but it looks like you have to buy the whole set. .....No way. ... :angry: .

Mick

Our local carpet firm will do any shape with bound edges a lot cheaper than we expected. May be worth going down that route.

All bailey's carpets are supplied by Kustomsport of Barnsley. www. kustomsport. co. uk a very friendly company, you can visit the factory if you are local and they have an accesory shop as well. They also supply Coachman, Swift and Airstream as well as many motorhomes.

Hope this helps,

Anorak

Bookmarked that site.

http://www. kustomsport. co. uk/#/shower-matting/4542009742 I may order one of these.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

the cream ones supplied with my olympus are indeed great but i knew early on that be the end of the 1st season they wouldnt look their best so decised early on to put some darker carpets in. Visited my friendly carpet shop for some offcut of carpet, used the cream ones as templates for cutting around, returned to the shop who edged them. £50 well spend and the whole van re carpeted.

the cream ones supplied with my olympus are indeed great but i knew early on that be the end of the 1st season they wouldnt look their best so decised early on to put some darker carpets in. Visited my friendly carpet shop for some offcut of carpet, used the cream ones as templates for cutting around, returned to the shop who edged them. £50 well spend and the whole van re carpeted.

Excellent idea Rob. Our Peg carpets are starting to get that "used" look and we were thinking of putting runners in, but you can't get the right sizes. I like the idea of having proper "fitted" carpets like the originals and if we can get an offcut we'll be doing the same!

Glen.

Excellent idea Rob. Our Peg carpets are starting to get that "used" look and we were thinking of putting runners in, but you can't get the right sizes. I like the idea of having proper "fitted" carpets like the originals and if we can get an offcut we'll be doing the same!

Glen.

Everyone is surprised when i tell them that the carpets arent standard fit, they just presume that they came with the van. Having them edges keeps them in great condition. The only area not carpeted is the bathroom, for which i intend to make up a template as the standard carpets dont extend to the bathroom. I dont use the toilet so thought that i would carpet it as its a nicer feeling coming out from the shower onto some carpet. I kept loads of the remnant left to make up some extra mats too so everything matches.

Not sure if you have thought of renting a rug doctor from somewhere like morrisons to bring back the cream carpet. 20 quid for 24 hours and you can do the whole house too!

Edited by RobJS

We have a carpet shop local that puts an bound edge round a carpet for a set price per foot.

Well worth it because being able to remove the carpet is great. My last replacment in an old van cost £8 for a BERBER remnant.

I can't remember what the binding cost but being a cheapskate it can't have been excessive or I would not have bothered.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

I live in Barnsley and have visited Kustomsport numerous times. If you get a roll end 2metres wide by the length of your van they will cut it and edge it to suit your van. Thet have most templates since around 2006 held on CAD and your carpet is cut by a computerised cutting machine. Very nice people. I visited last time to get new carpets for my Compass Omega 524 after I dropped a pan of curry on it - too much wine!!! She did advise me to try cleaning it with a carpet cleaner as most of the time this is successful as the pile is not too deep. I did, and it was, you can't see the stain at all. I borrowed a Bissell carpet cleaner from a neighbour. I would try cleaning it first.

Dave

Sorry to hear about your accdent with your toilet chemical. If it any help we always store our aquachem chemicals in the valencia under the main bed locker at the side of the wet tray it's just about the right size to keep the bottles upright without them moving. We have used the valencia a lot this year, including 2000miles touring france and the bottles always stay in place. I hope this may solve any future problems for you.

reguards

stubean.

Hi carpet now back in the van,good as new bar the fact it has lost its stiffness, currently away, snug and warm, heating on, 20 ish. ,nice cl site outside evesham. .

Mick.

• 4 months later...

Hi, update on bathroom carpet, contacted Kustom sport ltd who are very friendly. Vicki sent me two different samples as there are two different shades avaliable to the unicorn, replacement bathroom carpet is £37 inc postage, well done Kustom sport. ...brilliant service. .

My OH has a certain method for keeping carpets as new: they go up into the loft on the same day the new 'van arrives lol.

We always have runners & carpet off-cuts which are cheap enough to renew as required.

My OH has a certain method for keeping carpets as new: they go up into the loft on the same day the new 'van arrives lol.

We always have runners & carpet off-cuts which are cheap enough to renew as required.

Why???

Whats the point, you buy a new van, then use bits of carpet to keep originals new for someone else to use. I don't understand the logic. A slightly worn carpet is hardly going to make a massive difference at PX. !

Why??? Whats the point, you buy a new van, then use bits of carpet to keep originals new for someone else to use. I don't understand the logic. A slightly worn carpet is hardly going to make a massive difference at PX. !

I have to agree. Whatever is the point of buying a van and then not using the carpets provided?

You are right the quality of the carpets aren't going to make the slightest difference to the PX value of the van. They just look it up in Glass's guide and as long as it doesn't leak you get that price or thereabouts. The negotiation starts on the difference.

I would imagine that any pet would very quickly destroy the carpets, so would agree removing them and putting down some sacrificial carpets would make sense.

As with cars the trade in value looks at condition for valuation.

Personally i wouldn't want any caravan that looked like it was dogged, or owned by a smoker.

Having had two second hand caravans in the past, both were well cared for, one at 10 years old, the second at 5 years old.

Edited by xtrailman

I would imagine that any pet would very quickly destroy the carpets, so would agree removing them and putting down some sacrificial carpets would make sense. As with cars the trade in value looks at condition for valuation. Personally i wouldn't want any caravan that looked like it was dogged, or owned by a smoker. Having had two second hand caravans in the past, but were well care for, one at 10 years old, the second at 5 years old.

Hadn't thought about the pet situation. Never had one. I suppose it makes sense then. Have to admit if we had a dog it would live outside. That's why we haven't got one.

All bailey's carpets are supplied by Kustomsport of Barnsley. www. kustomsport. co. uk a very friendly company, you can visit the factory if you are local and they have an accesory shop as well. They also supply Coachman, Swift and Airstream as well as many motorhomes.

Anorak

Thanks for the link, very interesting firm.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

New valencia bathroom carpet delivered this evening 7. 30, just in time for our week away, thanks to vicki at Kustom sport.

By the way we have had the Valencia since Oct 2010, we have 2 German shepherd dogs which come in the Van/ awning in the day time and sleep in our towing vehicle at night, the original unicorn carpet is still as new.

Mick.