Fleetwood 640 Eb?

Clairestelon

has anyone got one? i was looking at a 2008 model and it seems to have everything swift etc are just putting in theres, are there any problems with them, i know parts arent rediably available. I also read that the adle heating has an electric start that when not using hookup drains the battery with in minutes is this true?

Thanks claire

has anyone got one? i was looking at a 2008 model and it seems to have everything swift etc are just putting in theres, are there any problems with them, i know parts arent rediably available. I also read that the adle heating has an electric start that when not using hookup drains the battery with in minutes is this true?

Thanks claire

I have owned a 2007 Heritage ES(6) for the past two years, and you are correct . ... the fleetwoods appear to have been way ahead of the competition in terms of ALDE heating, satellite connections, and fit and finish. I have not had any issues with the ALDE heating (and have spent a couple of Christmases in scotland with outside temperatures falling to -15 - with a nice toasty temperature of 20 deg inside). If using GAS as the heating medium, then it does use gas up pretty fast (maybe 6kg in 24 hours), but this would only be a problem if you were 'off-main-electric'. As to replacement part, only the bodywork would be hard to get hold of. The ALDE 3010 heating is current, and the whale smart-flo pump spares are also available. If it has the Dometic Fridge/Freezer, then parts are readily available for that too.

They are smart looking vans, slightly heavy (twin-axle) and mine tows well (with 4x4).

We love our 640EB and have never seen anything remotely close in terms of layout and quality. It's such a social van with loads of seating for when you have family round from the pitch next door!

The fact that the Alde system relies on a 12v circulation pump is a limitation for ANY van with this superior heating when not hooked up, but with the 2008/9 Heritage models this is less of a problem because of the built-in solar panel on the roof. Even without a panel, the battery will last several days (not minutes) to power the heating. Unless you are winter caravanning the programmable heating will be off mostly anyway?

Most parts and panels are available, O'Leary's purchased the job lot at auction. See our website for the dedicated forum and technical support:

http://www. fleetwood-owners-club. co. uk/newforums/

I'll send you a link to some photos if you like, but here's the virtual tour:

http://fleetwood. uk-virtualtours. co. uk/

Not sure of any significant problems, we did a lot of researching on forums. We have just bought an ES6 (2008 model) Saturday and took it away to the Lakes. The alde was superb. Ran behind the car A6 avant brilliantly. Highly recommend one.