Caravan Customising

mufcpaul

Hi All,

Can anyone point me in the direction of a caravan Customiser. I have five dogs and would like to raise our fixed bed, change the small outer locker door for a bigger one so that we can put the dogs under our fixed bed.

Many thanks

Paul

Five dogs shut in a box under your bed? What about fresh air, freedom to move around etc? Should the RSPCA be consulted about this?

This must be a windup!!!!!

. .or it's a place with a larger door inside the awning where the dogs can be warmer at night?

Five dogs shut in a box under your bed? What about fresh air, freedom to move around etc? Should the RSPCA be consulted about this?

I would think fresh air would come through the vents fitted in the floor. Same thing us humans breathe of a night :rolleyes:

As for freedom to move around, depends on how big the dogs are and also what kind of area they are given i would imagine.

In Consilio Sapienta

tn_gallery_1122_263_6791.jpg

I know some people who spoil there dogs so much that they would give their dogs the fixed bed and they would sleep under the bed lol

if you do make the alterations to your van please send photo of the dogs in their new bed :)

Hi all,

Some T. E. C. caravans have a garage in the rear end for bikes etc with a large door, this area has fold up bunks, Catch ya later,indoors.

If money was no object we would love a big motorhome with a massive garage, we would convert this into a large dog kennel not for the dogs to travel in (before anyone rings the rspca !!) but a comfy place for them to chill out after long walks especially when they are wet thru. It would be fantastic if you could get the same with a caravan, we have a fixed bed in our eriba with tons of storage space underneath. Far too small for our large dogs but i do know of people that open up the external locker where there is a comfy bed in for their small pooches.

If money was no object we would love a big motorhome with a massive garage, we would convert this into a large dog kennel not for the dogs to travel in (before anyone rings the rspca !!) but a comfy place for them to chill out after long walks especially when they are wet thru. It would be fantastic if you could get the same with a caravan, we have a fixed bed in our eriba with tons of storage space underneath. Far too small for our large dogs but i do know of people that open up the external locker where there is a comfy bed in for their small pooches.

i put a deposit down on one of these before i went back to my caravan as this had a huge garage with the same reason for the dogs to lie down in at night as it had a door under the bed . 2 GSDs take over the place :lol: .

I saw a caravan on site a few weeks ago with a large garage at the rear but not sure of make .

http://www. motorhomes. mobi/Motorhomes/tabid/95/ItemID/21858/Default. aspx

Dave

One of ours is a gsd, the other a dalmatian and i can`t tell you how funny some of the looks are when we arrive onsite with our tiny eriba. Not too bad once the awning is up but if we have gales while we are away it does tend to make the trip "interesting" Ellen

One of ours is a gsd, the other a dalmatian and i can`t tell you how funny some of the looks are when we arrive onsite with our tiny eriba. Not too bad once the awning is up but if we have gales while we are away it does tend to make the trip "interesting" Ellen

Hi Ellen,.....We have just added a gorgeous Dalmatian puppy to our family. He hasn't seen the Eriba yet, but looking forward to holidaying with him in it as soon as his injections are in order.

Good luck with your pup, dalmatians are such a beautiful dog we have had both breeds all our lives. They soon adapt to touring, our young gsd is finally getting the hang of it all now but as we will not be able to do much touring during the winter months i fear that it will be back to square one next year. Enjoy your travels with pup and eriba, fantastic!. Ellen.

just to clear a few things up here, i am wanting to raise our fixed bed by a foot or two to make a large enclosure under our bed. then replace the current storage door with a large garage type door with window. this is similar to the motorbike garages found in motor homes. thanks in advance if anyone knows how this could be done!!!

We too have a GSD. I'm amazed that the fixed beds in caravans can't be folded up against the wall to give more day space - there seems to be plenty of room. Would also be helpful to families with small children.

I have often thought that caravans of normal height with fixed beds could have the front of the underneath storage area removed so that it would give a big area for dogs to sleep underneath the bed.

Interesting how much that weighs with a Quad bike onboard as they go up to about 300kgs . Unless the axles and tyres are changed to increase the MTLPM of the original caravan its got to be illegal as most of the original appliances are still in the caravan . Nose weight would be interesting ?

http://www. ebay. co. u. .._fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Dave

Excuse my ignorance but what is a GSD is it an abreviation for a Great So. .... Dane ?

Excuse my ignorance but what is a GSD is it an abreviation for a Great So. .... Dane ?

German Shepherd Dog .

Dave

Thanks for that Dave. I genuinely didn't know. Have always had Lassie collies before. Rough collies. Regards Peter.

Archived