What Large End Bedroom Van Under £15k?

NewRangerFamily

We are considering upgrading our van to a larger van with fixed end bedroom. We particularly like the new Bailey Senator Lousianna. We’ve been quoted £15,000 OTR which is a saving of nearly £1,000 on the OTR list price.

However, my Seat Alhambra TDi might struggle to tow this as with the van unloaded it will be an 85% match. With a motor mover fitted this might go to 90%. We are therefore also considering a change of car to the Kia Sorento so the overall cost is looking a little daunting! I wouldn’t go for a brand new car and would be happy with one that’s a couple of years old but as for the van, £15k for a brand new 7’6 wide twin axle with full end bedroom seems a good deal.

However, I’d like to know if there are any large single axle 7'6 wide vans out there with a separate end bedroom with a bathroom in the centre of the van (so kids are not traipsing through the end bedroom to use the loo) and L shaped lounge. Any ideas?

Many thanks

NRF

We are considering upgrading our van to a larger van with fixed end bedroom. We particularly like the new Bailey Senator Lousianna. We’ve been quoted £15,000 OTR which is a saving of nearly £1,000 on the OTR list price.

However, my Seat Alhambra TDi might struggle to tow this as with the van unloaded it will be an 85% match. With a motor mover fitted this might go to 90%.  We are therefore also considering a change of car to the Kia Sorento so the overall cost is looking a little daunting! I wouldn’t go for a brand new car and would be happy with one that’s a couple of years old but as for the van, £15k for a brand new 7’6 wide twin axle with full end bedroom seems a good deal.

However, I’d like to know if there are any large single axle 7'6 wide vans out there with a separate end bedroom with a bathroom in the centre of the van  (so kids are not traipsing through the end bedroom to use the loo) and L shaped lounge. Any ideas?

Many thanks

NRF

37035[/snapback]

Swift do some in their ranges which have a transverse fixed bed at the rear and a centre washroom with separate shower. This leaves a relatively short OSF single bed. Might be worth a look.

Mike

Have you seen the Avondale Eagle, with parallel/bench seating, we haven't actually been in one, but saw one at our delaers, it was a new layout to us.

http://www. avondalecaravans. co. uk/tourers/avondale. html#

Not sure of the price, but they might be in the link.

Beware the ones with transverse beds with central bathrooms as you don't get a private dressing area, compulsary if you have teenagers/friends caravanning with you!

Have you seen the Avondale Eagle, with parallel/bench seating, we haven't actually been in one, but saw one at our delaers, it was a new layout to us.

http://www. avondalecaravans. co. uk/tourers/avondale. html#

Not sure of the price, but they might be in the link.

Beware the ones with transverse beds with central bathrooms as you don't get a private dressing area, compulsary if you have teenagers/friends caravanning with you!

37039[/snapback]

Sorry - mucked up the first attempt, Check out the Lunar Lexon - we have the transverse end bed with side washroom and L front, used mainly as a 2 berth but will sleep 4. The new model due out in September is supposed to have a larger washroom (seperate shower) although ours is great. We checked out the Avondale last year while looking at all fixed beds and were disappointed, but each to their own. We would never go back to making up the beds, I fell in love the the Lunar and upto now havnt seen anything to make me change my mind.

Have you checked out the Bailey Vendee. Fixed bed at the end, - L-shaped Lounge and a separate shower cubicle in the side bathroom.

Emma

However, my Seat Alhambra TDi might struggle to tow this as with the van unloaded it will be an 85% match. With a motor mover fitted this might go to 90%.  We are therefore also considering a change of car to the Kia Sorento so the overall cost is looking a little daunting! I wouldn’t go for a brand new car and would be happy with one that’s a couple of years old but as for the van, £15k for a brand new 7’6 wide twin axle with full end bedroom seems a good deal.

However, I’d like to know if there are any large single axle 7'6 wide vans out there with a separate end bedroom with a bathroom in the centre of the van  (so kids are not traipsing through the end bedroom to use the loo) and L shaped lounge. Any ideas?

Many thanks

NRF

37035[/snapback]

What an EXCELLENT choice ;););)

Archived