Fixed Bed

samm

hi all, after viewing lots of caravans these past few months i've finally found one i like and put a deposit on it, it's a Vanmaster accolade with a fixed bed,the question i have is due to the unusual shape of the mattress (corner cut off) is there any where that sells mattress covers or toppers for these.

Look in the Caravan Club magazine, no shortage there. All the best Peter.

Hi

Raskelf do them but it is quite easy just to buy a normal double one and cut the corner of to suit thats what we have done.

CHEERS DAZKIM

thankyou for the quick replies they are both helpful.

B&M Bargains sold a double or king sze for under £40. which is were i brought mine from & all i did was i unzipped the end cover for the topper & trimed the cushion bit to fit, then zipped the topper back up & folded the loose bit of cover under the topper. Job done.

Ray

Our topper we cut the corner off and the OH altered the cover to suit . i just layed it on top and scribed round the mattress with a pen and cut to the line with the electric carving knive .

Nice caravan . I didn t know they did the Accolade with a FB .

Dave

Yes i think i will do as the two above posts suggest and cut one to fit, as for the caravan your right they didn't do the accolade with a fixed bed, i assume it was built to order, it's a 2001 model with L shaped seating across the front window and the bed in the back where the bathroom would have been, but it all fits in quite nicely and feels quite spacious, looking forward to picking it up this weekend.

Hi me n my hubby have a rule so we dont "FALLOUT" where we sleep in the home bed we have to sleep on our respective sides in the van . ...so hubby gets the cut off bit and i would luv it cos i luv my feet out of the covers :rolleyes:

Hi me n my hubby have a rule so we dont "FALLOUT" where we sleep in the home bed we have to sleep on our respective sides in the van . ...so hubby gets the cut off bit and i would luv it cos i luv my feet out of the covers :rolleyes:

Does his leg not go numb hanging out the bed all night, lol I know I like my feet out the covers sometimes but at least you have the mattress to rest it on, but with the missing wedge I always imagined it would be annoying,probably ok if you stay curled up all night lol

We have fixed twin beds, slightly different in length, with a slight taper at the foot end. We got fitted sheets from Jonic. Give them the make model and year of the caravan and the sheets fit perfectly.

We have fixed twin beds, slightly different in length, with a slight taper at the foot end. We got fitted sheets from Jonic. Give them the make model and year of the caravan and the sheets fit perfectly.

We have also just ordered some from Jonic for our new van. Not that cheap but at least they fit.

Anyone want some bedding for an island bed. Duvet, sheets and pillowcases??

• 1 month later...

Archived