Truma 3002 Blown Air (No Heat)

dicko579

hi, recently bought a bailey pageant and it has a TRUMA 3002 heater,

i was just checking the heater to make sure i know what im doing when we use it during the winter,

with the heater on mains and gas it works perfect, but if i put it on the 12v fan setting, and it only blows cold,

reading the manual it doesnt say it will only blow cold, it actually show a heating setting,

am i reading it wrong ? or maybe theres a fault,

any help welcome,,,,

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

cheers, have had a look at that,,,, i have a manual but its not that detailed,

however, just spoke to previous owner, he seems to think the fan works "with" the gas or mains if you want heat, and not on its own,

if anyone knows any different ?

http://www. swiftgrou. ..avans/Handbooks

Check book 7 in case it is different to your.

I use the fan on 1 or 3 speed when heating on gas or 1000 watts electric. Faster speeds will blow cool air.

The fan can provide cold air in summer.

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

. .. he seems to think the fan works "with" the gas or mains if you want heat, and not on its own,

. ..

He's right.

There will be no heating with 12v on its own if I've understood you correctly; too much power required. 12v should blow air round the van, at ambient temp. if not heated by electric or gas. It sound as though the system is working as it should.

Edited by hawkaye

12 volt is for fan only You need the gas or electric on to heat it

I miss-read that original post. :wacko:

My old mate wanted a heater that worked on solar. :rolleyes: