Problem On First Trip Out.

free

Have to say that our first trip was a great success, 3 nights at Rothiemurchus, not the best of weather but everything went as planned. Except for the cold water pipe blowing off the back of the shower mixer!

Water off and mild panic over, OH and DS took the easy option and went for a walk, while I contemplated pulling out the shower cubicle armed with 2 philips screwdrivers and a multitude of electrical test gear. Fortunately, I spotted some out of place screws behind the sink and their removal allowed access behind the shower. I'm guessing this has happened before as the plastic covers had that "we've been off before" look about them and the shower mixer looks very new.

Anyway, after stripping it down, the problem is that the push fit grippers are made from a softer plastic than the 90 degree elbows that go into them, so no grip. I had a box of spare bits, including a whale mixer tap, which has stainless steel grips, but of a diferent design, so a temporary repair was made with some tying wire.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or alternatively, are the grippers available as a spare, stainless ones preferably?

free :)

Type of Van?

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Doh, Landranger 6400 ES and the shower mixer appears to be a Whale Elite.

free :)

Hi, I haven't encountered the problem and don't know the 'van. .. BUT. ..

I do know (from personal experience) that WHALE provide excellent after sales service.

Give them a call/contact them here. ...

http://www. whalepumps. com/contact_us/

HTH

G

I like to keep a few "Herbie" clips in the caravan

http://www. zeroclips. ..-hose-clip. html

the few local caravan shops near me all sell them

but they may be called ear clips. You could look at

replacing the harder pipe as the problem has

occured before

I like to keep a few "Herbie" clips in the caravan

http://www. zeroclips. ..-hose-clip. html

the few local caravan shops near me all sell them

but they may be called ear clips. You could look at

replacing the harder pipe as the problem has

occured before

I had white ones in my Monza caravan. Pop round the pipe and grip with a pair of pliers. A sideways push on the joint got them off. B)

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Archived