Dunkirk Overnight

Looking to go DFDS next June will arrive in Dunkirk @ 23. 00. where can we park, over what is left of the night?

John

Drive out of the docks and you will encounter a roundabout - go around the roundabout and back into the docks as if you are going to get on the return ferry - the road will split -- to the left for car with tickets and to the right for cars requiring tickets. Take the right fork and the car park you can stay over night is there. It's easy to tell if you are in the right place as there will be loads of motorhomes and caravans.

Alan

I also would recommend the car DFDS car park, as we tried out the local Camping Municipal site, La Licorne, but weren't impressed and you won't find much else in the area. The time of your arrival is also very late and most sites will be gated and closed at that time. Car park for us next time!

As AlanNancy says, we always stay on the Dunkirk car park and feel very safe,we usually get the 20-00 or 22-00 ferry,we have the beds made up so straight to bed and off in the morning about 8-00 for a good days drive.

I will be trying the Dunkerque spot in a few weeks. I normally use the Calais ferry terminal or the Cite Europe car park at Calais, but after winning a competion prize of a return crossing with DFDS, we are going to try the "new pitch". Will report back!

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

I have used this car park and its ok but I would suggest you remove your extended mirrors as I had mine stolen when staying there one night, also if you dont have a loo you can use the one in the ticket hall.

Are there showers there we can use? There are at Calais docks.

Steve W

There are excellent showers but only in the gents toilets - I checked the coast was clear and took my wife in the showers with me.

Also a code is required to get into the toilets - this coad is displayed on the glass petition at reception.

Alan

LOL @ Alan - these things have got to be done.

Without being sexist, I suspect the showers in the gents are primarily for truckers etc which is still a man thing more often than not.

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.