Snooper S5000 V Garmin Dezl 560Tl Which One?

cyclewalkbob

Hi,

I am currently using a 3. 5" Tom Tom One, which is a great product - albeit a bit old!! so Am I and finding it a bit difficult to see.

Thinking of changing to a motorhome (just sold the caravan) and want a sat nav that will do for both car and motorhome.

Narrowed it down to the Snooper s500 Ventura ( as has all the campsite POI's installed) or the Garmin Dezl 560 ( it is recommended by Practical Motorhome and is louder which might suit a motorhome better)

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Cheers

bob

Neither get your self the Tom Tom Truck, there are threads on this forum regarding sat nav choice, have a look at them. we had the snooper 6000, what a pile of junk.

Edited by TonyG

Tony G

Kia Sorrento 2. 5 CDi 59 plate Towing 2011 Swift Conqueror 645

Cant speak for other makes BUT the Garmin Dezl is brilliant - we have had ours since Easter and it has never put a foot wrong.

You can set up your van/RV and once set up all you have to do is select it from drop down menu and away it goes taking into account your size and weight restrictions. Once you arrive and take the car out solo simply select car or if you are in a town and want walking instructions the select pedestrian.

BTW if you also drive a lorry then you can set that up and select it when you want to.

We have been down to the south of France with it and found the mapping pretty accurate.

One of the nice touches is that it shows you the speed limit of the road you are on and (if you want) beep at you when you go over - this is separate to camera POIs.

Hi,

I am currently using a 3. 5" Tom Tom One, which is a great product - albeit a bit old!! so Am I and finding it a bit difficult to see.

Thinking of changing to a motorhome (just sold the caravan) and want a sat nav that will do for both car and motorhome.

Narrowed it down to the Snooper s500 Ventura ( as has all the campsite POI's installed) or the Garmin Dezl 560 ( it is recommended by Practical Motorhome and is louder which might suit a motorhome better)

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Cheers

bob

Hi Bob,

Our biggest selling range without doubt is the Snooper Ventura range. The Caravan Club seem to fully endorse the Ventura and we can only go off our experience with customers and say that this summer the S6000 Ventura has been our best selling unit. Snooper have had a bit of criticism because some people haven't got o with the unit but following their latest software update, the Vnetura now has lane guidance and full European coverage. The S5000 has only just come out and i have to say thet it looks a fantastic piece of kit. The volume isn't as loud as the S6000 or S7000 or indeed the TomTom or Garmin but not to the extent that it becomes a dealbreaker.

The TomTom Pro 7100 or 7150 are growing in popularity on our website and i struggle to recall an unhappy customer who has purchased one of these through us which can only be good. If you have used a TomTom and are used to it, either of these may be a good option for you. The 7100 has a 4. 3" screen and the 7150 has a 5" screen, that's really the only difference. Caravan Cliub sites can be downloaded onto both.

The Garmin does seem to get rave reviews from people who use it, however we haven't had great experiences with it personally. The feedback we have received on the Garmin all tend to point negatively towards the usability of the unit. Like anything, it takes a bit of getting used to and isn't the most intuitive menu on the market.

Finally, there is the ProNav system - i feel i should mention this brand to you for no other reason than to avoid it like the plague. We have dubbed it the Boomerang because the orders we send to send out just come straight back to us either faulty or with complaints on quality.

Overall, our recommendation would have to be either the Snooper S5000 / Snooper S6000 or the TomTom Pro 7150. If you decide to use Sat Nav Warehouse, we would be happy to swap your device should you find that you are not getting on with it, just let us know.

Kind regards,

Phil

I think one should take advice from a company that makes their living out of selling a system with all due suspicion!

Especially when they contradict themselves

>> The Garmin does seem to get rave reviews from people who use it, GOOD

however we haven't had great experiences with it personally. WHYAND HOW

The feedback we have received on the Garmin all tend to point negatively towards the usability of the unit. Like anything, it takes a bit of getting used to and isn't the most intuitive menu on the market. << But you just said people who use it rave over it ????

I am not exactly a young techno wizz kid and I found no problems getting used to the Dezl - certainly a bit more complicated than older Garmin systems BUT then there is so much more to the Dezl!

Edited by TedNewman

Hi Bob,

Our biggest selling range without doubt is the Snooper Ventura range. The Caravan Club seem to fully endorse the Ventura and we can only go off our experience with customers and say that this summer the S6000 Ventura has been our best selling unit. Snooper have had a bit of criticism because some people haven't got o with the unit but following their latest software update, the Vnetura now has lane guidance and full European coverage. The S5000 has only just come out and i have to say thet it looks a fantastic piece of kit. The volume isn't as loud as the S6000 or S7000 or indeed the TomTom or Garmin but not to the extent that it becomes a dealbreaker.

The TomTom Pro 7100 or 7150 are growing in popularity on our website and i struggle to recall an unhappy customer who has purchased one of these through us which can only be good. If you have used a TomTom and are used to it, either of these may be a good option for you. The 7100 has a 4. 3" screen and the 7150 has a 5" screen, that's really the only difference. Caravan Cliub sites can be downloaded onto both.

The Garmin does seem to get rave reviews from people who use it, however we haven't had great experiences with it personally. The feedback we have received on the Garmin all tend to point negatively towards the usability of the unit. Like anything, it takes a bit of getting used to and isn't the most intuitive menu on the market.

Finally, there is the ProNav system - i feel i should mention this brand to you for no other reason than to avoid it like the plague. We have dubbed it the Boomerang because the orders we send to send out just come straight back to us either faulty or with complaints on quality.

Overall, our recommendation would have to be either the Snooper S5000 / Snooper S6000 or the TomTom Pro 7150. If you decide to use Sat Nav Warehouse, we would be happy to swap your device should you find that you are not getting on with it, just let us know.

Kind regards,

Phil

Bob

I was one of the people that purchased my Snooper from Sat Nav Warehouse. Phil listened to my complaints and Swopped with no quibble my unit to the Tom Tom truck. How many other shops would do that? I am now very happy with my choice. ..

My dealings with sat nav warehouse have been excellent and i would recommend this company to anyone. .. NO i am not associated or on the payrole. but i do believe in saying it as it is good or bad!!! and in my opinion, for what it's worth this company is excellent

Tony G

Kia Sorrento 2. 5 CDi 59 plate Towing 2011 Swift Conqueror 645