Cd/radio Fitted To A 2007 Senator Arizona Series 5?

Juandeatatime

Hi, I wonder if anybody can tell me what model CD/radio is fitted to my 'van? The mode button cycles through CD, tuner and Aux, which presumably lets me plug in an iPod, but I can see no socket to plug any leads in. Any help or online manual much appreciated.

If it's anything like mine the input is actually at the rear of the unit.

You should have two extraction tools to pull out the radio from it's housing where you can access the input. Mine came with an extra cable so you can extend the wire. It's just like an ipod headphone socket.

The make of the cd player in mine is a "Senator"

I had to buy a cable for my 2006 model, but it also plugs into the back. There were some phono connectors whic I plugged into.

Hi guys, thanks for the quick replies. Odo not have the extraction tools at least none came with my ban, but at least I know that all I need to do is get my radio out of its housing and fit a connector cable.

If you get some really thick cable ties( the ones that are about 12" long). Slide them down each side of the radio and ease it out. That's how I pulled my lorry radio out.

Does yours have senator on the front? If so I have the instruction manual in front of me which I could scan and email it to you.

Hope this helps.

Norman.

Edited by normskinormski

Hi normskinormski, no it just says Bailey on the front. When it's light I'll post a picture of it and if it is the same as yours I'll take you up on your kind offer of emailing a copy.

Hi normskinormski, no it just says Bailey on the front. When it's light I'll post a picture of it and if it is the same as yours I'll take you up on your kind offer of emailing a copy.

Here's the link to the one that's fitted in mine mate.

http://www. wiwi. com. hk/product_detail. php?product=car_audio&subcat=16&product_id=124

Here's the link to the one that's fitted in mine mate.

http://www. wiwi. com. ...&product_id=124

Hi again, Normskinormski. Sorry about the delay, but I've just got back from our weekend away.

No, it doesn't look like that. Here is a picture of the one in our 'van.

post-46121-0-85885300-1319387502_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all your help though. As you said I just need to get the radio out and look for the Aux connecter.

No problem mate. It was worth a try.

It'll still come out the same way though. You just need to release the front and the plastic surround and that will let you see the two slots to insert the strips (or cable ties).

All the best.

Normski

Edited by normskinormski

Hi again, Normskinormski. Sorry about the delay, but I've just got back from our weekend away.

No, it doesn't look like that. Here is a picture of the one in our 'van.

post-46121-0-85885300-1319387502_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all your help though. As you said I just need to get the radio out and look for the Aux connecter.

Yep, mine is the same. You may even be able to get to the cables through the slot in the top

Hi Tigger, thanks for your input. Did your radio have the aux connector wires already fitted and you just had to hook them out?

Yes, they were a pair of leads terminated in phono connectors. Can't remember whether male or female. I just bought a 3. 5mm stereo jack plug to phono lead and plugged it in.

Yes, they were a pair of leads terminated in phono connectors. Can't remember whether male or female. I just bought a 3. 5mm stereo jack plug to phono lead and plugged it in.

Cheers, for that Tigger. Next time I'm in the van I'll have a look and let you know.

Hi Normskinormski, will this not just transmit the radio—or can you use it to play your music as well?

No mate. What you do is, plug it into the bottom of your ipod and it converts the music into an fm signal which is transmitted from the little gadget. Then you tune the radio into the same frequency as is on the gadget and voila! Music from your ipod through your radio.

It has a digital readout on the gadget that allows you to change the frequency just incase you're on the same channel as a radio station. For instance you set it to 98. 1 fm and there is already "radio 1" transmitting on that frequency you would set the gadget to 99. 5 or whatever where there isn't any other station transmitting.

Hope that wasn't too much gobbledegook.