2012 Coachman At The Al-Ko Test Track

Andyvon

Very interesting video about what our vans go through in the prototype stage. http://www. facebook. ...100306925133349

Hi Andyvon. This raises an awful lot of questions about the caravans that are reported to have cupboards and fittings causing creasing of wall-board finishes and cupboards allegedly falling off the walls after the have parted company with their fixings.

The downside of this cracking video is that when the local councils all over the country see it they will have all the more reason to ignore the need to repair pot-holes and damaged surfaces. They will ask,What are you moaning at?, caravans and tow-vehicles can cope with them, if yours wont then get yourself a Disc and a Coachman Caravan and stop whining.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Nice post Andyvon, very interesting video. Not sure I'd want to buy that van as a slightly shop soiled example!

Actually my FIL could do those tests fro free for them, that looks like how he tows!

Mr Rooster lol I think the Councils need no excuses that said I doubt any caravan concerns would ever be on their radar!

Coachman Amara 380/2

After all that testing I would hope that the van is taken to pices to inspect how its stood up to the test, and then all the parts srubbished. I'm not sure I would want to own a van thats been subjected 10 years worth of use in a couple of days. ....

Matthew

They didn't need to go all the way to Germany, the roads round here are a lot worse - anything above 40mph and I can feel the ATC tugging

An interesting video of the types of tests carried out however in terms of structural integrity in the long term I don't think one day on a test track tells a great deal.

As a new van all the jointing compounds will still have elasticity to absorb the movements induced by the test but a great deal is lost after 3-5 years. Materials age with time as well as stress.

Being able to watch inside the van on the road is however extremely informative, particularly when thinking about loading etc.