How Much Is My Awning Worth

poppygirl

hi

i need help as i have got a bit of a dilema, after recently selling our caravan we were asked by close friends if they could buy our awning ! What price to ask ? we dont want to overcharge our friends but at the same time we dont want to give it away,we have absolutely no idea what to ask and would appreciate some advice . The awning is a isabella magnum moonlight, it was bought new in 2010 and has been used for 4 weeks, it has the fibre light poles, the isabella bags,tensioner,and is as new. We have also the isabella tall annexe,and the newer annexe with the sloping roof all as new. what should we do,sell elsewhere and risk offending them! Is there anywhere that buys second hand awnings that could give us some idea of worth?

any help would be gratefully recieved

many thanks

As thye are close friends why do you not discuss it with them. You say you do not wish to just give it away, but if they do not take it you will then be faced with trying to sell it yourself. If you are desperate for the money then tell them it has been sold, and then do just that. If not, then why not offer it for a good dinner at a posh restaurant. Have a good night out and keep the friends happy?

Perhaps find other adverts for the same thing or equivalent and show them to your friends and maybe come up with a mutual figure - perhaps an average, with a bit of a discount as they are your friends and it saves you the hassle of advertising etc . ...... :)

Why don't you post how much you are thinking of asking for it and you will probably solicit opinions, maybe even get some offers.

Alternatively, offer it under the Caravans Classified Forum.

hi

i need help as i have got a bit of a dilema, after recently selling our caravan we were asked by close friends if they could buy our awning ! What price to ask ? we dont want to overcharge our friends but at the same time we dont want to give it away,we have absolutely no idea what to ask and would appreciate some advice . The awning is a isabella magnum moonlight, it was bought new in 2010 and has been used for 4 weeks, it has the fibre light poles, the isabella bags,tensioner,and is as new. We have also the isabella tall annexe,and the newer annexe with the sloping roof all as new. what should we do,sell elsewhere and risk offending them! Is there anywhere that buys second hand awnings that could give us some idea of worth?

any help would be gratefully recieved

many thanks

you dont say how much you paid for them. ......at a guess around £1700 for the awning and 2 annexes. i reckon you could sell them quite easily for a decent price,as they are a sought after awning. your friends must know the price,and sure they would if they wanted them, offer you a decent price. the awning itself sells for £995 ish, annexes 340- 400 . ............ £700 for awning,£250-300 for tall and £200 for smaller annex. reckon you should get that easy.

Edited by klarky

My thoughts for what they are worth are to just give the awning to them as they are close friends, there is far more value in that than asking your friends for money. Alternatively (if you are truly borasic), if that suggestion doesnt float your boat, is to offer it to them not for 60% of what you bought it for but more like 30-40%. You will find that doing good to somebody will encourage good things to happen to you.

My thoughts for what they are worth are to just give the awning to them as they are close friends, there is far more value in that than asking your friends for money. Alternatively (if you are truly borasic), if that suggestion doesnt float your boat, is to offer it to them not for 60% of what you bought it for but more like 30-40%. You will find that doing good to somebody will encourage good things to happen to you.

would you take a loss of £1700 (possibly £1200 if sold else where) i doubt it,no. ...and i wouldn't either. .;..if they so good friends they would realise this

I usually do the same as someone else suggested and have a look online to see what price some are selling for but again it can be awkward if it's friends as they may be expecting it alot cheaper :wacko:

Compass Shadow 1988

Put it on here in the classified ads section. You could get a best offer for it. How about sealed bid PM's?

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

would you take a loss of £1700 (possibly £1200 if sold else where) i doubt it,no. ...and i wouldn't either. .;..if they so good friends they would realise this

You don't know me very well then do you Klarky? There was also an alternative in my post too. There is seldom a great price to be made from anything second hand. I recently sold an item in the clasified section at half the rrp and that was brand spanking new still in its box. I would not ever buy an awning at such a price as a personal rule. Mine was £1000 last year and not worth £200 now in my eyes. I do however understand that there is 'worth' in poppygirls awning but for me it would be knowhere near the price as new. This is just my opinion it must be said.

You don't know me very well then do you Klarky? There was also an alternative in my post too. There is seldom a great price to be made from anything second hand. I recently sold an item in the clasified section at half the rrp and that was brand spanking new still in its box. I would not ever buy an awning at such a price as a personal rule. Mine was £1000 last year and not worth £200 now in my eyes. I do however understand that there is 'worth' in poppygirls awning but for me it would be knowhere near the price as new. This is just my opinion it must be said.

it was the tone of your answer (truly borassic) in other words suggestion of been a skinflint. again ''if it doesn't float your boat'' (imho) sounds a bit demeaning

isabella awnings generally sell well. as they are the best on the market,albeit at a reduced cost as most second hand items. but i think these items will hold there used price a lot better than the cheaper awnings imho

Many thanks everyone, certainly got plenty to think about, probably offer it them at 40% purchase and put it in their court

at that price they are extremely lucky people,and fortunate to have such good friends. ......imho lol

Edited by klarky

it was the tone of your answer (truly borassic) in other words suggestion of been a skinflint. again ''if it doesn't float your boat'' (imho) sounds a bit demeaning

isabella awnings generally sell well. as they are the best on the market,albeit at a reduced cost as most second hand items. but i think these items will hold there used price a lot better than the cheaper awnings imho

Borasic lint - skint as in not having enough money. Skinflint is somebody that doesn't like spending their money which are two entirely different things. If that doesnt float your boat means if you do not like that idea, hardly demeaning, but as you say that is your honest opinion. I'm not out to upset anybody I'm just saying as there is only a small value in second hand stuff I would rather give it away.

Its odd that poppygirl hasn't objected to my post and is indeed offering the item for 40% of its original cost. Maybe you are being oversensitive.

On forums it is sometimes difficult to read into posts the mood of the poster just like texting you have to rely of emoticons to get your meaning across. Your wife is filthy or your wife is filthy :-) for example, two different meanings but only by knowing somebody better will you discover whether your wife doesnt wash or she is a sexy beast which I am sure she is.

60% of the purchase price ???????????????????????

I would agree with that as they are friends.

For resale to another party I would ask 75%.

Click the link below

http://www. ebay. co. uk/sch/i. html?_kw=isabella&_kw=moonlight

I hope that will give you some help

Bo

Edited by Bailey Oklahoma

if you are selling the annexes seperate i would be interested in one of them.

thanks

mike

KIA SORENTO KX3 2012 Bailey Pageant Limousin SERIES 7 1700 kg

volvo xc70 D5 se