Midlands To New Forest - Services

Hi All

We will be going to the New Forest for a week and was wondering if anyone can recommend a decent Services area for a stop or two between the Midlands and the New Forest. ....?

Have been in some Services and the caravan area is tiny!

Any help/info appreciated. ...thanks. :)

Chris

It's only about three hours drive so do-able in one shot? Otherwise, Chieveley is OK on A34 / M4 junction (but bear left as you go in and park by the trucks - the actual car park on the right can get a little tight) and Tothill on the A34 is OK but again aim for the truck parking area (not a 'services' but a petrol station, McD's, etc. - I tend to stop there a lot. Truck area is up past the petrol station - usually loads of space).

Rownhams on the M27 west of Southampton is OK. .. but you are in with the trucks.

That said. .. you're almost there my the time you reach Rownhams.

But then we often stop an hour or so short of our destination just so that we are not distracted on arrival on site by the "call of nature" :D

As said Cheveley A34 or Rownhams M27. Rownhams is a bit easier to drive in and out I find . Winchester services on the M3 and Burley services on the A31 depending where in the forest .

Dave

You could always use Fleet Services on the M3 - seem to have plenty of space there.