Oven Doesn't Want To Light :-(

mechs

I think it could be something simple. Currently been doing up a caravan and was checking the gas as there's a wee bit butane still left in the gas canister.

Heater works fine, cooker rings work fine, grill works, forgot to check the fridge on gas but will do tomorrow. Also forgot to check the oven on gas so checked that about teatime. There was gas going through to it but it didn't want to light. It flickered on then just kept going off.

Could it be that by the time I checked it the temperature had dropped AGAIN and it was freezing (we'll be using propane on site, just used the bit butane to try out things), that the caravan hasn't been used for a while, or that the gas maybe just takes longer to get to the oven for some reason?

Any ideas? Before we move the caravan to the site in place of the old one i'll be getting the gas properly checked over anyway but just wondered if anyone had any ideas as to why it wouldn't light? I'll try again tomorrow as still working in the caravan.

Compass Shadow 1988

Hi Mechs,

Thats a classic symptom of low temperature, and you have got it spot on.

I have had that while it was 7C.

The reason the rest work is because I suspect the temperature is borderline, and because the cooker demands more gas.

Try the propane to put your mind at rest before you go,

Regards

Pete of the BO

Edited by Bailey Oklahoma

Thanks, yes thought as much myself as there's a flicker there, jsut not much. I've got plenty propane on site so this one will be getting towed up maybe next weekend and my old one shifted so i'll be switching to the propane definately. I just used the butane tat came with the caravan as there was enough in it just to check and also the regulator but got all the propane gear up there! :)

Compass Shadow 1988

Stand the butane in the house for a few hours, then try on the van. ...

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

Never thought about the hob glass actually! I'll try both, bring the butane in and leave the hob glass up though :)

Compass Shadow 1988