Electric Cool Box

jules58

in the summer- lol :lol: we brought an outwell electric cool box,followed instructions,everytime i lifted lid water poured into the box- well trickled in leaving me with a puddle. taken back to shop got refund but chap in shop said this would happen no matter which make i had, anyone have any advice or suggestions please

Poole Bob's right they all do that, that's how they work. Evaporation gives a temperature drop and produces water. It's a cheap way of getting a cooling effect. To get a greater and more controlled cooling you have to resort to much more expensive methods. :)

John.

Both our Halfords coolboxes boxes do this,it's somehting we have learned to live with and make sure items that are likely to be affected by the drips are not under the cooler part of the lid and are not directly on the bottom of the box,fortunately beer cans are waterproof :)

Had this problem with our previous cool box with the fan/cooing element in the lid.

Bought a Waeco 3 way cool box instead which is silent operation and works in a similar way to the caravan fridge. Its very heavy though so either leave in the boot or the awning. Ideal overflow for the caravan fridge as well.

Ian