Table Repair/renovation

Can anyone point me in the direction of a repairer/renovator who might be able to help turn our recently acquired caravan table back to it's original condition?

It should be freestanding, but has had the four legs removed and a single leg fitted at one end with 4" cut off the table at the other end and a wall mounting rail fitted. There are a number of holes and dents in the top laminate and because it's shorter it's no longer held firm in its underbench cradle and has rubbed against an exterior locker latch and badly gouged the curved wooden edging on one side. Frankly the poor thing is a mess and can no longer be used anywhere but is limited to being clipped to a wall mounting.

SDA

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

http://www. frontier-...ome-Table-Legs/

Various legs here.

http://www. frontier-...eg--Silver-Sand

This is how mine is supported. (2)

New Top?

In my old van I used two set of legs above and made a top by using 3 shelves from B & Q.

You have to get the shelves for your own length and width then add timber cross members under to create a new table.

Edited by Lefthand Down

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

I've had a look at Both Rita and I've been astounded at the number of tables and the permutations of style, shape, size, finish and fixings available. Nobody can accuse the caravan table industry of standardisation :wacko:

I could probably pick up any number of 4'x2' free-standing tables but the edging and laminate top wouldn't match the rest of the van. More importantly I suspect that an alternate of the same length and width might not be as 'thick' when folded and could start slipping about in its cradle like our current one and the table edge getting gouged like ours all over again.

Andy

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.