Nec Video Report 8 - Vanmaster + Bailey Motorhomes

ChrisG46

Nice one Chris.

Well done Mr. Bailey,

BUT I think I will still stick to caravans.

Pete

Guest Phoenix

Bailey motorhomes.

I was impressed with these at the NEC, and while still expensive, they are probably pitched about right in the market, so I wish Bailey every success with them. One thing I did notice was that the woodgrain of the drawer units did not line up across the drawer fronts, and this lack of attention to detail is the sort of thing that niggles (I hope you don't mind me pinching a screenshot from your video Chris).

Vanmaster.

The first thing you notice when stepping in these, is the smell of wood. Yes, the sort that trees are made of, rather than an aroma of various adhesives on offer from other manufacturers. The general impression is very good, let down only by the use of two magnetic catches on the lockers, as these only serve to emphasise the thin nature of the doors causing them to wobble when opened. A single manual catch in the centre would simply overcome this.

Generally I liked both of the offerings above, and would happily buy either if I were in the market to change.

Phoenix

If money was no object a Vanmaster would defo be on my short list though I think AS vans are pretty smart and with a modern twist.

Coachman Amara 380/2

People must be easily led Chris if pointless blue LEDs in washroom mirrors are the measure of a well built modern van.

I know it in my blood that at heart you're a hairy chested Eribanut like me :wacko:

Tows small, no shower and up to 36 different layout/sizes to choose from.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

I think I may just be mean - but I'd most likely buy something like a two-dinette, and a simple fitout - heater, fridge, loo. I don't want a shower, cos we always use the site facilities . . .

As I understand it with Vanmaster they will pretty much build it as you want it and I agree re showers. Back in the real world however I think the only way forward are going to be much lighter vans towed by much lighter tow cars as fuel costs continue to spiral, likewise energy costs on site.

Coachman Amara 380/2

Yup - you're very right. I'll be doing some work around this specific topic - lighter weights - soon!

Look forward to that Chris. Looks to me like Swift are trying to steal a march on this one and good on them.

Coachman Amara 380/2

Archived