Sticky Windows.

Seaman

Any of you folk having trouble opening your Orion, Olympus, Pegasus, Unicorn windows? The rubber seals on my Pegasus 2 are sticking fast to the windows. When I finally get them open, there is a fine line of the rubber stuck to the window. Looking at the rubber seal, there is a corresponding line of missing rubber similar to a crack. The rubber seal remain pliable and has not hardened and the thin line of rubber on the windows rubs off with a finger nail. So it could be Bailey have got themselves a poor batch of rubber seals? :(

Edited by Seaman

Try rubbing Talc powder on the seal; this generally helps.

Any of you folk having trouble opening your Orion, Olympus, Pegasus, Unicorn windows? The rubber seals on my Pegasus 2 are sticking fast to the windows. When I finally get them open, there is a fine line of the rubber stuck to the window. Looking at the rubber seal, there is a corresponding line of missing rubber similar to a crack. The rubber seal remain pliable and has not hardened and the thin line of rubber on the windows rubs off with a finger nail. So it could be Bailey have got themselves a poor batch of rubber seals? :(

They do look aged already, i don't think they will last long, poor quality i expect.

Certainly not a patch on our 2004 Vermont, like new after 7 years.

Not had any sticking though.

Edited by xtrailman

They do look aged already, i don't think they will last long, poor quality i expect.

Certainly not a patch on our 2004 Vermont, like new after 7 years.

Not had any sticking though.

We only got the Genoa in July, so it doesn't bode well. :wacko: Probably a bad batch?

Edited by Seaman

I would second this. The Thetford lubricant was recommended to me by the Miriad (Polyplastic dealer) 'troubleshooter' who came to replace our faulty front window. Just wipe the seals over with a cloth that has been sprayed with the lubricant and this both cleans them and keeps them supple so they don't compress - works a treat.

Alan

A poster suggested Wurth Rubber spray recently.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Maybe this would do the job http://www. halfords. ...tegoryId_165705

That's what I use. As an earlier post advised spray it on a clean cloth and wipe the rubber.

Jimbo

Edited by onewheelonmywagon