Bailey Unicorn Madrid 2012

Harzi

Please forgive me if this seems like a daft question but I have just ordered a Unicorn Madrid and one thing puzzles me. Where, if at all, does the dinette table stowe away when not in use? I have searched high and low in the demo van with dinette table in hand and I cannot find a spot for it anywhere. Does it stay in place? The salesmen at the NEC couldn't help either. The manual does not mention it.

P. S If you tried to look in the Madrid at the show Saturday but couldn't because a daft yorkshireman had it in bits giving it a thorough going over - that was me, sorry.

Dave

Does'nt it go between the divider between the front and side dinette ?

I tried that the shelves fit full width so there is no room for the table.

Dave

I've always thought that the dinette table stays in place until it is used as the base for the bed in the dinette area.

That's more or less the conclusion I have come to just thought is strange when there is a cupboard that it would fit in if they wouldn't have made the shelves full width.

Dave

Where does the main table stow when not in use, the dinette table may reside alongside it?? :)

I think same as KIA man, we had a swift 440/4, the table stayed up permanently and was very useful, then played a part in making up the bunk beds at night.

I looked at the Madrid yesterday and thought it a interesting layout, the only thing i flagged up was the apparent lack of heating radiator in the bathroom?

Edited by xtrailman

I think same as KIA man, we had a swift 440/4, the table stayed up permanently and was very useful, then played a part in making up the bunk beds at night.

I looked at the Madrid yesterday and thought it a interesting layout, the only thing i flagged up was the apparent lack of heating radiator in the bathroom?

I too noticed the lack of radiator but I had it pointed out to me that there are the alde fins covered by vents behind the toilet at floor level. This was apparently a new fitment on the 2012 van due to cold bathroom complaints.

Dave

Where does the main table stow when not in use, the dinette table may reside alongside it?? :)

Tried that too it does not fit - the cupboard is not deep enough.

Dave

Not sure with the madrid but in our Olympus it is next to the cutlery draw. . There is a pocket in there for it to slide into.

Wife found it on the Demo model its inside the cupboard at the side of the sink, going to the dealers today to discuss some points before we pick the Madrid up on Thursday next week, will check to confirm

Wife found it on the Demo model its inside the cupboard at the side of the sink, going to the dealers today to discuss some points before we pick the Madrid up on Thursday next week, will check to confirm

Thanks would be interested in a reply as I tried to get the dinette table in said cupboard on demo model with no success. The large table for the front seating is in here though.

Dave

its under the sink - it took us ages to find it. We get our Madrid at the end of November :D

Looks like it will be the end of November when my van arrives. Just to be clear here I am talking about the side dinette table and not the table that goes at the front as a add on to the chest of drawers. I have been to two different dealers since the show and no-one can find where it goes the table appears too big to fit under the sink and no amount of juggling seems to work.

Dave

Checked the Demo last Friday its definitely under the sink on the left had side, it needs to go in the right side up; sure it’s the rounded corners to the bottom with the legs facing to the front of the van. Hope all of you get your van by the end of November ordered ours 1st of September promised second week of October then changed to last Friday, then Monday of this week, still not arrived, dealer traced it to their depot in Forest of Dean no one to deliver it all Bailey on 1 week shutdown. Hopefully my dealer has arranged for it to be delivered this morning to pick up Friday, hope so already had to change the holiday to this week coming now had to cancel 2 days of this next week. Before l retired my company always instilled in us the customer was King, never had that feeling from the caravan Manufacturers, if it wasn't for my dealer tracing the van how long we would have had to wait would be anyone’s guess, here's sitting with our fingers crossed that it arrives to day otherwise Sandringham CC will have to be cancelled and not sure if we could rebook for a later date, Caravan Club already lost 40 quid in site fee's may lose the whole lot.

Nidge4 I am in a similar situation I have now been told due to the shutdown my van will be built by the end of November and not delivered as first thought. My old van is already empty and ready to part ex as it was serviced the week before the show at the NEC. I am due to go away last weekend in November and it looks like I will either have to cancel or just put the essentials back in the old van.

Mmmmm what to do???

Dave

Harzi, just rang our dealers true to their word the van in is in the workshops having the GARDX done, mover fitted from old van, outside TV point installed in the 230v Compartment and its PDI now picking it up Friday 2pm well happy. l am now retired the last time l worked for company that had two shutdowns was in 1967, they soon realised if they wanted to sell in the state they would have to work 24/7. The caravan Industry as far has l know don't export abroad if they did with this sort of production they would not sell many vans if any. But good old UK customers will have to grin and bear it if they want their product. What upset me was that Bailey told the Dealer it would be loaded on the transporter last Friday night ready to be delivered this Monday, got as far as their depot in the Forest of Dean then fell asleep, not good for the customer, to be fair to Baileys all Caravan Manufacturers do the same, so no doubt some other poor sod has had the same problems as you and l.

Regards

NigelH

Well, we've just had a phone call from our dealer telling us that our shiny new Madrid is scheduled for delivery to him on 9th/10th November which is about three weeks earlier than forecast when we ordered the van at the show, so either Bailey haven't sold as many as forecast or, they've ramped up/rescheduled their production because they've sold more.

we don't mind as we can get a few days away in the the new one and try out the super-duper Aldi heating :D

Harzi, just rang our dealers true to their word the van in is in the workshops having the GARDX done.

Regards

NigelH

Just noticed you have had GardX done to your van. . Was it part of the deal or did you pay extra? Our car had it done when we bought it. .. It was done as part of the deal because they messed up. .. You need to buy the chemicals every year and they do not or didnt in our case remind us it was due. But I priced up the rinse additive (Conserver) you are supposed to use once a month. Bloody expensive and after 2 weeks the effects have worn off. For the exterior I would suggest using a cheaper Demon shine to keep it topped up. There have been lots of posts elsewhere about the stuff and it seems none of them seem to have much good to say about any of these types of treatments. The GardX website has a "shop" to buy top up's or product. .. This shop is coming soon! Yeah right it has been coming soon for over 2 years!

It does seem good initially as water runs off and on the car if you have the rinse over the windscreen you can drive in almost all but the heaviest rain without using the wipers! But if you do the same with Demon Shine but apply with a sponge and slightly more concentrated than reccomended it does the same thing. One large bottle of demon shine is about 1/3 the cost of GardX rinse and lasts just as long. I now use Demon shine on the van and using it on the windows is great as when we go away and it rains the water just runs off leaving the windows really clear all the time. I carry a smaller bottle with us and just give the windows a polish from time to time with it.

The interior treatment they did in the car actually leaves more stains on the surface and with black seats it looks horrid. (that is if the dealer actually did it or did it correctly)

Edited by morepower

• 2 weeks later...

Had it done done for as part of the deal waiting for the the info to come through hope it does, if not the dealer will get ear ache

The reminders should come through from GardX. The case you get and the little bottles of chemicals is nice. .. But they wear off too fast and if you do a search on some of the car valeting forums they do not seem too impressed with the stuff. As it was a freebie due to a mix up with the dealer I was not going to worry. .. But at about £25. 00 for a 150ml (I think) bottle of conditioner that in reality lasts 6 months max it is not cheap to keep maintained. Not sure how much each other bottle costs but I know you have to buy one of each every year to keep the guarantee going I would guess it will cost between £50 and £75 for the yearly top up of chemicals.

just been phoned by the dealer - our shiny new Madrid arrived this very morning, just needs it's PDI and the motor mover shifting from the Champagne and we'll be picking it up next Tuesday and spending two nights (courtesy of the dealer) to give it a good check over. So thats two-three weeks earlier than forecast.

There will be a nice 2010 Champagne available from David Hope Caravans in Saxmundham in the next week or so