New To Lunar

ian haslop

Hi everyone,

Just done a deal at nec for a new Lunar Delta twin axle(looks v nice but where is the skylight window everyone is putting in)

Recently had a 2008 swift twin axle nice van but not been without its fair share of problems.

I was really not impressed with the build quality of the new swifts at the show (I went with buying one of these in mind) Please tell me I am in for a trouble free few years with my Lunar Delta

Ian :D

Hi everyone,

Just done a deal at nec for a new Lunar Delta twin axle(looks v nice but where is the skylight window everyone is putting in)

Recently had a 2008 swift twin axle nice van but not been without its fair share of problems.

I was really not impressed with the build quality of the new swifts at the show (I went with buying one of these in mind) Please tell me I am in for a trouble free few years with my Lunar Delta

Good luck! No skylight. ............................. nor a 10year warranty!

Regards

vectra

We went to the show and was very impressed with the Lunar Delta FB, it looks very spacious inside for a family, if we hadn't already got an Elddis Crusader Tempest lined up, we would have been very tempted to go for the Lunar.

Would anyone keep a caravan for ten years?

Yep, Just got rid of my Lunar Clubman 1992 460-EK.

Well last June . ................................

So, is there anything wrong with doing that I wonder.

This demands another poll . ................

BO

Edited by Bailey Oklahoma

Hmm

ten year warranty on water ingression !! does anyone carry on with servicing for ten years to hold this warranty? Would anyone keep a caravan for ten years?

Have done- 1997 to 2008 (Lunar and bone dry). 2008-????. Many do!

Regards

vectra

Hmm ten year warranty on water ingression !! does anyone carry on with servicing for ten years to hold this warranty? Would anyone keep a caravan for ten years?

IMO i would say yes people normally service the caravan to keep the 6 yr warranty and I should think after 6yrs the warranty becomes even more important as it only takes one leak to pay for the cost of the services .

Dave

Hi everyone,

Hi Ian, which Delta are you getting? We was planning on going to the show but got a good deal at the local dealer,so we are picking up the Delta FB at the end of November ;)

Ant

Edited by AntV8

Hmm

ten year warranty on water ingression !! does anyone carry on with servicing for ten years to hold this warranty? Would anyone keep a caravan for ten years?

Yes and Yes.

Hi Ian, which Delta are you getting? We was planning on going to the show but got a good deal at the local dealer,so we are picking up the Delta FB at the end of November ;)

Ant

Hi Ant,

Ant

Hi Ant, went for the Delta TI (or T1) I liked the build quality, large fridge and plenty of wardrobw space just to name a few things. Also liked the coachman 655 but the Laser just pipped it at the post plus was the best p ex deal i could get for mine

Ian

went for the delta TI the large fridgan unamed insurance companyoads of storage made it the one for me

Thanks everyone for the replies it seems ten years is acheivable with caravans. I did not mention I am only three years into owning caravans and was looking for peoples views on Lunar caravans? Just had a swift 2008 twin axle for the last three years and am hoping I have made a good move to Lunar?

Hi Ian,

I am on my second Lunar and have been very happy with both.

My latest is the 2011 Delta Ti which we love and I am sure you will too. Couple of minor issues:

Heki stays collapsed over the bed - replaced by dealer no big deal

Two springs missing under the front seats - dealer sorted

Front locker door does not close fully - adjusted by the dealer

Are you having movers fitted and if so which ones?

Remember the MRO figure includes 40kg for the water in the onboard tank, so if you empty it before you travel you get an extra 40kg of payload.

The second Alko wheel lock is a pain to fit so I carry a trolley jack as the Alko jack brackets were removed when I had my movers fitted.

If you have movers this will probably mean that you will have the spare wheel carrier removed. Alko do an adaptor bracket to refit this unless you wish to carry the spare in the van. Some may suggest the front locker but in my experience this makes the nose weight tricky!

Good luck and enjoy!

Hi Ian,

My latest is the 2011 Delta Ti which we love and I am sure you will too. Couple of minor issues:

Remember the MRO figure includes 40kg for the water in the onboard tank, so if you empty it before you travel you get an extra 40kg of payload.

The second Alko wheel lock is a pain to fit so I carry a trolley jack as the Alko jack brackets were removed when I had my movers fitted.

If you have movers this will probably mean that you will have the spare wheel carrier removed. Alko do an adaptor bracket to refit this unless you wish to carry the spare in the van. Some may suggest the front locker but in my experience this makes the nose weight tricky!

Good luck and enjoy!

Hi.

Glad you are happy with your van. However. I assume that you had to pull your van back to the dealer at least once for the repairs? Also, being the kind person that the dealer is he apologised profusely for your inconvenience and his failure to carry out a decent PDI and then offered to pay for your travel plus a small payment for goodwill?

We are British; don't you know; Poor finish is acceptable plus poor PDI and yet we are still pleased with our caravans.

I own a Lunar dating from 2008 and honestly can't wait to see the back of it. I really don't care that my dealer sorts out the problems. .. and there were a great number. I'd just like a caravan delivered to me that someone at the factory/dealer had spent at least 2 minutes checking over. However I'm British and that's a little too much to expect!

Anyhow it's fun being a beta tester.

Enjoy your 'van

Regards

vectra

Edited by vectra

Hi Ian,

Good luck and enjoy!

Hi

Thanks for reply which motor mover do you have? Managed without for the last three years with my twin axle swift but must admit the stress levels got quite high from time to time,

Hi.

Glad you are happy with your van. However. I assume that you had to pull your van back to the dealer at least once for the repairs? Also, being the kind person that the dealer is he apologised profusely for your inconvenience and his failure to carry out a decent PDI and then offered to pay for your travel plus a small payment for goodwill?

We are British; don't you know; Poor finish is acceptable plus poor PDI and yet we are still pleased with our caravans.

I own a Lunar dating from 2008 and honestly can't wait to see the back of it. I really don't care that my dealer sorts out the problems. .. and there were a great number. I'd just like a caravan delivered to me that someone at the factory/dealer had spent at least 2 minutes checking over. However I'm British and that's a little too much to expect!

Enjoy your 'van

Regards

vectra

What problems have you had in the last three years would like to compare these to the problems I had with my swift!!

Hi.

Enjoy your 'van

Regards

vectra

Vectra,

Dealer came to my storage and sorted these small issues so no cost or hassle.

In terms of your van may I suggest you vote with your feet and sell your van. This will do wonders for your blood pressure and save your time posting pointless moans on this Lunar forum as you appear to have done quite a few. Perhaps you could buy a new van and then have a completely new set of moans!

Anyway good luck.

Azzy,

My mover is a Reich 4wd move control - not cheap but great.

We are on out fifth Lunar. As per any other manufacturer you will have niggles that need to be fixed. Our most recent one we purchased at the NCC show on Wednesday and collected it on Monday and have been using it ever since. It is a 2011 Lunar Delta TI. My main gripe is that the instruction manuals are not very clear and rely on you being a caravan genius to operate some of the equipment like the Alde heating and underslung water tank. No issue with build quality but can't really comment after only 3 days usage.

Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it gets boring so I go back to being me.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd 3. 0L auto

Lunar Delta TI

Hi Ian,

Good luck and enjoy!

I thought the water tank was supposed to be empty when travelling.

Brian

I thought the water tank was supposed to be empty when travelling. Brian

Hi Brian,

Yes you should have it enpty for travelling but as it is possible to travel with it full the volume/weight must be included in the MRO as must the water heaters volume/weight. This does not however apply to the toilet for some unknown reason?!

I got this information directly from Lunar. Please see below:

"

Firstly everything that is included as standard with the caravan is included in the MRO, hook up cables submersible pump etc.

The new MRO figures do now include an extra 28kg in total to account for 16kg gas, 10kg for water contained within the water bailer tank and 2kg for the water contained within the header tank of the cassette toilet, this is a generic figure applied to all new caravans built in the UK today and is non specific to types or quantity of gas bottles.

The MRO does include 40kg for the water contained within the under slung water tank, The National Caravan Council (NCC) specify that where a vehicle has a fixed water tank, the MRO must include 1kg per litre as if the tank was full (this is why they are not commonly found on single axle vans)

Thank you once again for your enquiry, I hope this information answers your questions and is beneficial to you however, should you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me again via this email address or by telephone on 01772 337628.

We are on out fifth Lunar. As per any other manufacturer you will have niggles that need to be fixed. Our most recent one we purchased at the NCC show on Wednesday and collected it on Monday and have been using it ever since. It is a 2011 Lunar Delta TI. My main gripe is that the instruction manuals are not very clear and rely on you being a caravan genius to operate some of the equipment like the Alde heating and underslung water tank. No issue with build quality but can't really comment after only 3 days usage.

I have to agree with you here the Lunar manual is poor and it does take some pooring through all the associated manuals to understand how things work. Have you worked out the onboard water tank yet??!!

Edited by CTAdmin
We prefer contact details not be put in posts without permission.

Will check the alde heating and underslung water tank out when picking up from dealer,

Hi, we've got a 2011 Delta RS with L shape lounge and are really impressed with the quality :)

Have towed it to Croatia and back in august and it held together :)

Would we but another Lunar, answer is yes.

Don't know if it would be a twin axle Delta, would look at Clubmans and the new Elddis and Buccanners, :blink: Don't do Swift and don't like the look of Bailey's, last 2 vans were Pageants, but don't like the shape of new alutech vans, house brick jumps to mind :wacko:

Getting ready for a week away in our pride and joy starting tomorrow :)

I have to agree with you here the Lunar manual is poor and it does take some pooring through all the associated manuals to understand how things work. Have you worked out the onboard water tank yet??!!

Still scratching my head on that one. ALDE heating system took a bit of sorting but basically reverted to factory default settings to get it working. Radio now working.

A bug bear is why do manufacturers insist on locating the toilet roll holder behind you or in an equally inaccessible place? The dealer has our caravan back 1st of November so will ask them to re-locate the toilet holder onto the sliding door as you have to close it to use the toilet.

Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it gets boring so I go back to being me.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd 3. 0L auto

Lunar Delta TI

Hi

Thanks for reply which motor mover do you have? Managed without for the last three years with my twin axle swift but must admit the stress levels got quite high from time to time,

What problems have you had in the last three years would like to compare these to the problems I had with my swift!!

Hi

Apart from the hapless NW dealer we purchased from. ......never again:

TV aerial amp U/S, eventually replaced. ......dealer wanted old one back before sending out a replacement. Maybe I was lying to them?

Water pipes behind oven melted on first use of oven. Caravan flooded. Self repaired.

Sensor for heater is behind gas fire. It heats up and switches off your warm air heating. Should be moved to another part of caravan. Self modified.

All internal seam tape on walls and ceiling coming adrift after 3 months.

Damp under front nearside window found at first service.

Trim on washbasin edge adrift. Self repaired.

Cracks by mountings for front locker.

Shower tray cracked. Supplier now defunct. Not sure what tray is in these 'vans now.

Warranty is poor compared with over makes. Please check this out pre-purchase.

All waste pipes adrift underneath over a couple of outings. Self repaired.

Inlet water pipe near impossible to insert/take out. Result is cracking of the inlet.

Front locker cover poor fit and not fixed at service despite request.

Front bottom drawer wood strengthener to rear of drawer broken on delivery. PDI? Never repaired by dealer. Self repaired.

Glass front cabinet doors poor fit. Again pointed out on delivery. Never repaired. Self repaired.

Rear cabinet doors above bed binding on adjacent wall. Self repaired.

Flyscreen to door no longer stays shut.

Radio/CD player. Intermittent 2 or 1 speaker output from new. Self repaired.

Lock on fridge broken on delivery.

Plus damp in front end at 30 months. Front replaced under warranty.

Regards

vectra

Edited by vectra

Dealer came to my storage and sorted these small issues so no cost or hassle.

In terms of your van may I suggest you vote with your feet and sell your van. This will do wonders for your blood pressure and save your time posting pointless moans on this Lunar forum as you appear to have done quite a few. Perhaps you could buy a new van and then have a completely new set of moans!

Anyway good luck.

Azzy,

My mover is a Reich 4wd move control - not cheap but great.

Hi.

I'll sell my 'van as and when. Really don't need any advice. Blood pressure is fine by the way. After 3 years of hassle I believe I now have a 'van that I'm confident in!

As for your dealer travelling to your storage site. I'm glad to hear it however your experience is not, I would suggest, that experienced by the majority of purchasers.

As for "save your time posting pointless moans on this Lunar forum as you appear to have done quite a few.". I can only respond by stating that my blood pressure, unlike it would appear your own, is fine. The health of my caravan is a different matter. If you don't like my posts or "moans" then I can only suggest that you skip over them. .........simple really!

Regards

vectra

Edited by vectra

In reply to the original post

We are very happy with our 2009 Luna TI

Yes we have had some teething problems but nothing that I haven't been able to fix myself and having a good independent service r who is going to fix under warranty a few more (Dealer went bust 2 weeks after taking delivery in 2009)

We have used it both touring and as an extra guest room in the back garden so we are getting our use out of it.

This includes two trips to France

Nov 13 sees us departing for Spain, not returning until April. Retired last week so this is our treat.

I have every confidence that the van will not let us down.

A bit envious over the newer models, Fridge freezer, lower kitchen worktop, better shower tray to mention but a few but ours has a big plus - Its paid for and with my mods it will do us for the foreseeable future