Headlights. In France. (Santafe)

TRIDENT

The last time I used those stick-on ones (not sure which make), they never came off properly - the gummy residue lasted for 4 years until I sold the car!!

I just haven't bothered putting any on for the last few French trips - we rarely drive in the dark and I'd be truly surprised if a policeman is likely to stop you just for that. Admittedly, if you're stopped for something else, he may use that as an extra excuse to squeeze money out of you ;)

just bought my deflectors from the Hyundai dealer (£9 !!!) but as will be in Spain, Portugal & probably France for six months or so reckon i need them. on my last SF i left them on and no-one flashed me here in the UK - still on when i sold the car

just bought my deflectors from the Hyundai dealer (£9 !!!) but as will be in Spain, Portugal & probably France for six months or so reckon i need them. on my last SF i left them on and no-one flashed me here in the UK - still on when i sold the car

had a look at the instructions - it says "always remove immediately on return. any adhesive residue is easily removed with warm soapy water or undiluted screenwash"

Used Eurolites this year.

Very easy to fit with clear instructions (pictures)

Peeled off no problem and the residue did come off with neat screen wash.

Will use again.

TIP get them from Ebay they are cheeper than Halfords for example.

Mat

I stick them on as well, whether they actually do any good or not, I am not sure. However, I did note the Gendarmes and Spanish Police were getting more inquisitive regarding headlights so felt that looking as if I was obeying the Law was best. No desire to spend an hour arguing the toss in a layby and still having to pay a few hundred euros to get home.

Neither do any of the European visitors to the UK! We had a lot this year with the cheap pound and for some reason the Dutch and Germans tend to leave their dip beams on all the time.

Neither do any of the European visitors to the UK! We had a lot this year with the cheap pound and for some reason the Dutch and Germans tend to leave their dip beams on all the time.

They don't need them.

It is to do with the light pattern.

Continental beams don't bend up to their nearside like ours, therefore no dazzle to us.

Mat

They don't need them.

It is to do with the light pattern.

Continental beams don't bend up to their nearside like ours, therefore no dazzle to us.

Mat

Yes, it's true. Continental lights dip straight, not to one side.

John.

Used the stick on plastic type that look like silver and clear blinds! Bought from ebay at much less than Halfords' price. Just needed the circular part and clear instructions where to put them are included.

I think by law they are required and it's been pointed out that if stopped headlight masking might be an issue.

Incidently if you take them off carefully it's perfectly possible to re-use with a spray on adhesive - I've done it with no probs on other cars but since this is a new Sante Fe twill be next year before I stick 'em back on.

Edited by John_b_45

Santa Fe 7 Seater Premium Manual towing Swift Eccles 480 plated to 1500 kg. 

I agree with the comment regarding EU vehicles having vertically dipping lights. Why we cannot have the same is a mystery to me seeing as EU vehicles are allowed to come here without problem. By doing so we would eliminate another 'curse' imposed upon us.

In days gone by they even wanted us to paint the lenses yellow so we did not upset the poor French. I did it the 1st trip and then when I saw that the Dutch, Germans and Belgiums all totally ignored it, I did the same. Got a few flashes but tuff as they say.

Yes, it's true. Continental lights dip straight, not to one side.

John.

Continental (left hand drive) cars DO have asymmetric dipped beams as required by E. U. regulations i. e. the dip beam has a kick up or flare to the right.

Continental (left hand drive) cars DO have asymmetric dipped beams as required by E. U. regulations i. e. the dip beam has a kick up or flare to the right.

Some do, ( mostly French ) and some don't.

Steve W

They are supposed to, as they have to comply with ECE ruling R112.

http://www. unece. org. ..-GRE-53-04e. pdf for the terminally bored.

Turkey?? 2004?? Has this been introduced yet?

Edit:

this http://www. productip. ../06/r112r1e. pdf may be clearer

It is easy to tell whether a headlamp is l/h dip or r/h dip or adjustable for either by the markings on the lens

< or > or < > or more recently L/G and R/D

Edited by beejay

The last time I used those stick-on ones (not sure which make), they never came off properly - the gummy residue lasted for 4 years until I sold the car!!

I just haven't bothered putting any on for the last few French trips - we rarely drive in the dark and I'd be truly surprised if a policeman is likely to stop you just for that. Admittedly, if you're stopped for something else, he may use that as an extra excuse to squeeze money out of you ;)

Hi, To remove the adhesive residue it good old WD40---No Problem