Bailey Unicorn Towing Skirt

SEP2

I have recently taken delivery of a Bailey Unicorn Valencia,

my first Bailey

I want to protect the front of the caravan from stone damage when towing,

has anyone purchased a Bailey towing skirt and what opinions do you have about them

I believe they are made by a company in the north of England.

Sureley the Unicorn Velencia has the protective front at least l hope so as l am about to take delivery of a new Unicorn Madrid, the demo had it on.

NigelH

I have a recently purchased Pegasus 2 and yes it has extra front protection. However the mudflaps fitted to my Sorento (Mk3) do not provide anything in the way of preventing stones and mud hitting the front of the caravan.

Sep2, I have bought a Pro-tec delux front towing cover which has inbuild padding. I am very happy with it, as it covers the front all the way up to the top of the windows. Fair enough, it does not do anything for the looks of the van, but I don't care. The cover takes no more than 10 minutes to fit once you get used to it. The cost of £115 is a small price to pay for providing additional protection to your investment.

Yes, all the vans have it now ( maybe the Orion is an exeption) although I still use a towing protector for my Olympus- from protec, very good- I went fir the deluxe one,

I have a recently purchased Pegasus 2 and yes it has extra front protection. However the mudflaps fitted to my Sorento (Mk3) do not provide anything in the way of preventing stones and mud hitting the front of the caravan.

Sep2, I have bought a Pro-tec delux front towing cover which has inbuild padding. I am very happy with it, as it covers the front all the way up to the top of the windows. Fair enough, it does not do anything for the looks of the van, but I don't care. The cover takes no more than 10 minutes to fit once you get used to it. The cost of £115 is a small price to pay for providing additional protection to your investment.

seaman, I also drive a Kia Sorento and have the same problem thanks for the info.

Sep2, I have attached a photo of my outfit with the towing cover in place. Well that is it if I have worked out how to post pictures right. Lol!!

05102011075.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack. us

We now have a tiny dent on the front of our Unicorn - just above the protective plastic bit and below the window. :(

You now know that front towing cover does make sense Smiley. :D

I have an original Pegasus with the free upgraded front from bailey, what I also did was get a cheap set of rubber car floor mats and cut them into a mud flap shapes but a bit bigger . I then drilled 2 holes into each of the rear mud flaps that are on the car and bolted the “new “ones inside of the original ones, making sure the “new” mud flaps are about 3 inches from the ground.

I took the van from Glasgow to Hull, Hull to Zeebrugge, and Zeebrugge to France, in total I towed the van for over 1000 miles and didn’t get any dents.

We bought the deluxe Pro-tec towing skirt in November last year, for our Olympus 464. It was great for the first 6 months or so, then it ripped in one corner. It then went on to mark the van on each side each time we used it, particularly on the locker doors. It was quite difficult to remove these marks so we have now decided to no longer use the skirt. We have already received a small dent on the side of the van and covered this with a small flower sticker in the same colours as the decals.

I have recently taken delivery of a Bailey Unicorn Valencia,

my first Bailey

I want to protect the front of the caravan from stone damage when towing,

has anyone purchased a Bailey towing skirt and what opinions do you have about them

I believe they are made by a company in the north of England.

Excellent buy, keeps front clean and gives extra protection, takes no more than 3 mins. to fit

I have a pro tec towing skirt which i use in winter months for my valencia, had it a year now, fits in minutes and packs away neatly into the front gas bottle locker, weighs next to nothing. .

Mick

Edited by foxfold2002

I have an original Pegasus with the free upgraded front from bailey, what I also did was get a cheap set of rubber car floor mats and cut them into a mud flap shapes but a bit bigger . I then drilled 2 holes into each of the rear mud flaps that are on the car and bolted the “new “ones inside of the original ones, making sure the “new” mud flaps are about 3 inches from the ground.

I took the van from Glasgow to Hull, Hull to Zeebrugge, and Zeebrugge to France, in total I towed the van for over 1000 miles and didn’t get any dents.

thats what i did when i towed with the pajero / industrial grade rubber belting bolted to the original mudflaps for towing, a 2 minute job to fit / remove . easy and cheap fix mate !! :D