Here She Is

nick2008

I know she's not much to look at but it's a first for me and I'm looking forward to her arrival this comming friday.

Yes it's a she because I'm sure she's gonna give me the odd headache :)

I dont have a name for her yet so we'll have to see what happens.

I've been given this van by a friend that has bought a new van to live in whilst working away from home. Yes a FREE van can't knock an offer like that now can you.

The plan is to ready her for accomadation when off to some of the truck shows and a place for friends to come and chill in the evening after a hard days polishing and walking with a few beers and food despite what the weather decides to throw at us.

freebie.jpg

Looks pretty good to me! My first was a Sprite too but yours is a bit newer than mine was!

Hi Nick what a nice looking Freebie. Now that could be a name. ;)

Enjoy her.

Doosan

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

We had the 'Esprit' version from about 91 to 97 then sold it onto a neighbour who had it another 3 years. Lovely van for it's time and it was serviced every year by both of us and only ever had one slight damp issue that cost £50 to reseal. Towed very well as well. Sometimes you look back and say that was a good one.

Call her Liberty.

http://thesaurus. com/browse/free

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Nice 'van, bet you enjoy it more since it was free :)

Compass Shadow 1988

Well she's arrived. My mate pulled her up for me thismorning and said he follows and towed well :)

Now shes parked out the back windows on vent and roof hatch open to let some air through. next job to give it a good wash and clean up inside. I also have all the books that came with it so thats a bonus for working out what does what.

IMAG0241.jpg

IMAG0238.jpg

Theres a patch of soft wall at the back but i really think its where it was poorly vented so It'll be venting and dryiing then I can strip thet rear seating out to see whats happening but there is no rush to get it all done at once but obviously to get it dry is a priority.

Allow it to dry as naturally as you can even if it takes a few weeks.

If you use heat it may cause the frame to warp.

Expose any timber you find and replace where it needs it but only after you feel the wood has dried out.

You also need to find the source of the ingress and stop it before the winter weather arrives.

Duct tape to hold back a possible leak point is better than nothing until you can fix it.

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Allow it to dry as naturally as you can even if it takes a few weeks.

If you use heat it may cause the frame to warp.

Expose any timber you find and replace where it needs it but only after you feel the wood has dried out.

You also need to find the source of the ingress and stop it before the winter weather arrives.

Duct tape to hold back a possible leak point is better than nothing until you can fix it.

Thanks Lefthand, , thats what I was really thinking.

I've moved the seat cusions and opened the under seat lockers to allow air to move around. I'm hoping to give her a gentel wash and cover her with a tarp for now

Nice 'van :D Hope it's not a leak and as you say just poor ventilation. Looks nice though!

Compass Shadow 1988

Looks a cracking little van. ... Our first van wasn't much different. . only smaller. ..

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

Nice 'van :D Hope it's not a leak and as you say just poor ventilation. Looks nice though!

if its a leak it's only half way up the wall, in which case by covering it with a tarp should keep any more leaking till the good weather returns.

Shes not had much sunlight for 2 years on the back end but now she has the sun from 11 till dawn. tommorrow if its dry outside she'll have a good careful wash all round.

Think I need to get a hook lock just to show willing though

I would seriously consider covering her over Winter

Protec are very good covers - tailor made,

Pete

Just been out to open her up and the wall feels less spongy than yesterday so I'm hoping it's drying out.

Also thought that maybe water/ dew was trapped in the rain gutter and not draining away properly.

I've opened the curtains up and roof vent so the sun can warm her up. going to give her a wash off later not a soaking just a little wash to clean her up.

I would seriously consider covering her over Winter

Protec are very good covers - tailor made,

Pete

Even a roof cap is worth considering.

Think I need to get a hook hitch lock just to show willing though

A wheel clamp would show you mean business. B)

What a lovely little van for free! I hope you have many years fun in her. It will be so much more enjoyable because she didn't cost you anything too! :)

just been up to the local Caravaning / camping store. Kingswood caravans.

I've used them before when I was tramping on the trucks and explained what I needed and I was new to this, what a great guy full of advice etc and very welcoming.

Picked up a hitch lock, gas bottle and regulator, going to give the old girl a wash now and just hook up the bottle etc. I've found the lesure battery so I'll be pulling that out and checking it before charging. .

What a difference a wash makes

IMAG0260.jpg

IMAG0248.jpg

IMAG0249.jpg

hooked up the gas and all seems to be working well but one of the cooker rings keeps blowing, prob need cleaning. I know the fire's working but I'll also gave a look and check its all clean and 100%

All I need now is the boy to give me a hand to roll her forward to wash down the offside as she's parked next to a wall.

She's looking well and I love the U shaped lounge. Sounds like you're enjoying yourself! :)

Don't touch the jets on the cooker rings. Ask for advice in a separate post. Is the flame blue or yellow?

Aren't you lucky getting your 1st van for free and such a nice van too. Enjoy her, she'll give you many happy memories.

Ps Make sure the gas is ok (no leaks) before you use it. ....be worth investing in a carbon monoxide detector.

I didn't even think the 'van would look much different with a gentle wash but just goes to show! Good luck with testing everything :) Looks great

Compass Shadow 1988

Archived