Nec Visit

g7eor

Just got back from visiting the NEC Caravan Show. Some very nice vans on show. But I do object to people trying to get me to change my electricity supplier, sell me easy chairs. foam roof insulation,magnetic bracelets and other such items which have no connection to caravans at all. It is after all a caravan and accessory show

I rather like the oddities on sale in the small booths surrounding the main event which are a feature of most shows of this kind that I have attended.

I suppose it provides more revenue which might keep the ticket prices down for everyone,if you don't like them then is no need to patronise them.

I never realised their was so much profit in plantar fascitis,I would rather sell products than suffer from it which I do.

Ian

I suppose it provides more revenue which might keep the ticket prices down for everyone,if you don't like them then is no need to patronise them.

Ian

We were collared by an EON guy, I told him straight away I was not interested, I have my Gas with the Gas board and Electricity with EON, he continued to pester me about saving £100 in the first year just for swapping, I again said I was not interested as I can not see how they can sell me Gas cheaper that the Gas board, and vice versa, definately some fiddle going on, I told him again I was not interested, I do not go to a show to be pestered by these guys, I dont even entertain them at my door. Most annoying

We were collared by an EON guy, I told him straight away I was not interested, I have my Gas with the Gas board and Electricity with EON, he continued to pester me about saving £100 in the first year just for swapping, I again said I was not interested as I can not see how they can sell me Gas cheaper that the Gas board, and vice versa, definately some fiddle going on, I told him again I was not interested, I do not go to a show to be pestered by these guys, I dont even entertain them at my door. Most annoying

Gas from the Gas Board !!

Ian

Gas from the Gas Board!

Banks will be lending money next, you watch.

And how do you make money out of PF, all it's ever given me is achey feet?

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

Got collared by them today & they asked me who I was with. Just say them all the time & they leave you alone. ...

Personally, today was my first visit to the NEC caravan show. Bit disappointed tbh. Maybe was expecting everything caravanning to be there & thus expecting too much. Not sure I'll be going again

Went up for the day today. I must admit, there comes a time when you have SEEN ENOUGH FIXED BEDS! I last was at the NEC when there was a Gardener's World exhibition. The first stand was trying to sell saris.

I think the energy company at the NEC was EDF, not EON. We're also with EON and we walked past the EDF stand a few times and I must say the last time we diverted down the next aisle to miss them!

sometimes when I feel like a bit of sport I'll let one collar me and then I can usually keep them going until I'm fed up- then ask them fot the tarrif info . No one has yet proved to me that I can save money coz I know exactly how much I use and how much it costs me. It makes me feel really good to see the disappointment on their faces :rolleyes: when they can't match it.

sometimes when I feel like a bit of sport I'll let one collar me and then I can usually keep them going until I'm fed up- then ask them fot the tarrif info . No one has yet proved to me that I can save money coz I know exactly how much I use and how much it costs me. It makes me feel really good to see the disappointment on their faces :rolleyes: when they can't match it.

Is this really fair, they're only doing their job, trying to put food on the table in these troubled times. How would you feel if someone took great delight in taking the mickey out of what you do to your face? Treat others as you yourself would be treated and the world would be a happier place!

Is this really fair, they're only doing their job, trying to put food on the table in these troubled times. How would you feel if someone took great delight in taking the mickey out of what you do to your face? Treat others as you yourself would be treated and the world would be a happier place!

Perfectly fair.

The same fairness as them afford us when not taking NO for an answer.

Perfectly fair.

The same fairness as them afford us when not taking NO for an answer.

Exactly, if I want to change my services I will look into it, I do not want people knocking on my door at 8pm at night cold calling.

Archived