Beware "unamed Insurance Company" Rip Off

Ellisfield

I insure my van with an unamed insurance company, they take 13 lots of £5. 72 from me per year (some silly 13 period year arrangement). I carefully chose the cover I want and went to them as they were good on price and threw in euro cover automatically. Took out the policy around last May when I got the van. All fine so far.

Today I have a letter from them telling me of the good news that they are upping the cover in various ways (none of which I need) and it says in the letter this is FREE OF CHARGE, they put it in caps like this. Letter was just about to go in the bin.

Just as I am doing this I catch within the letter which is written in rather small about 9 point type that they are to automatically hike up my mothly premium by £1. 95 to £7. 67 unless I email or write to them telling them I dont want this changed policy.

Now I really dont care if they want to write to me to see if I want to opt into a change but it is not on to automatically opt me in to a massive 34% increase in my policy unless I take my own time and effort to tell them I dont want it!

To my mind I have made a deal and that is it.

What if I had put the letter in the bin? What if I was away in my van for 3 months?

So please if you have an unamed insurance company policy and get this then beware of the rip off. As for my policy, it will be cancelled with them as from Monday and I encourage you all to do the same. I am not doing business with anyone who operates in this way.

Admin comment:

Unfortunately we have had to remove the name of this insurance company as Caravan Talk has been threatened in the past with legal action if we allow negative comments about them to remain on public view.

When we were looking round to insure our van the stories on this very forum about an unamed insurance company and there dubious tactics put me right off for life.

Ian

Now why did it change my mention of this company to "an unamed insurance company" when the OP wrote it without problem ??

Ian

Admin comment:

We have an automatic filter set up to remove all mention of this unamed insurance company for the reason highlighted in the above post. Unfortunately the OP mis-typed the name and that fooled the filter. We have updated the filter now.

When we were looking round to insure our van the stories on this very forum about an unamed insurance company and there dubious tactics put me right off for life.

Ian

Now why did it change my mention of "this company" to "an unamed insurance company" when the OP wrote it without problem ??

Ian

Probably the same reason that when I was typing about batteries it re-worked unamed battery supplier (purposely mis-spelt!).

Some organisations, I think, have threatened to sue over content on the forum!

G.

P. S. I doesn't explain why the OP managed it. .. was it exactly the same? Space and all?

Admin comment:

Please do not deliberately misspell these company names to get around the filters. The filters are in place to protect Caravan Talk from being sued. If we face costly legal action, ultimately that could be the end of your forum. For protection of the forum, this topic has been closed.