Anyone know if it's safe to run the Alde heater after having drained the hot water tank? I have winterised the Valencia but like to keep the heater running all winter with the thermostat set to a low level, 5 or 10 degrees, to keep the damp at bay and stop any residual water freezing. It doesn't cost much because the temperature rarely drops low enough inside the van to turn the heating on.

Tom

Yes, It's OK to run the heater with the fresh water tank empty - do not run it without glycol though.

Have a look at the Alde website and you can get all the info that you need for the heating system

Edited by matelodave

Just a thought. If you are lucky enough to have EHU, why don't you do like me, I have a domestic E Bac dehumidifier and evry now and then I switch it on. It also has the effect of warming the 'van, only slightly, but enough. Regards Peter.

Just turn the water heater switch off and should be OK.

You need the 'Aldi Water Heating System' switch on if you are using Electric Hook-up for the heating.

It's fine to run the heater with the hot water tank empty.

Dave

Edited by caraman1

As a bove heating won't work if the heater switch is in the off position but you can run the heating system without the heater filled.

Thanks Dave, Peter and others. I had thought about a de-humidifier as I once had a severe condensation problem inside my previous Senator Vermont. The Valencia seemed fine though last winter.

As others said, I have already determined that the hot water switch next to the kitchen sink needs to be 'ON' for the heating to function

Cheers

Tom.