den123

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

My next is £200 if I go for it.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

bailey set the servicing price

1st £150 + parts + VAT

2nd £250 + parts + VAT

3rd £350 + parts + VAT

obviously some dealers can charge less if they want but not more. We ourselves offer a loyalty price if the caravan has been bought from us.

Edited by Reads

when you say plus parts plus vat what you meen by parts when its under warrantee

They mean that you pay for the "one shot" wheel bearing nuts £8-10 and things like water filter cartridge change about £10.

These are standard extra's on any annual service.

Bought my valencia last year and bit the bullet then got a deal when buying the van, paid up front £500 for 3 years discounted. ., 1st service next week, nowt to pay for. .. :P

Mick

We got a deal at Raymond James Caravans even though we didn't buy the van from them. We got 15% off the total cost. They had a special offers weekend so we pre-booked then.

Bailey Peg Series 1 dealer fixed costs at £150 per year plus vat for 1st 3 years

They mean that you pay for the "one shot" wheel bearing nuts £8-10 and things like water filter cartridge change about £10.

These are standard extra's on any annual service.

and consumables which sounds like it might be tea and sandwiches

poolebob.

As has been said, the prices are fixed by Baileys, dealers can drop them but they can't be raised.

I had the 12 month service done on my Olympus at the end of last month. It was carried out by Carafit in Cross Hands, an approved workshop. The cost was £150,but we have been regular customers and they offer a discount which brings it down to £135. Consumables came to approx £12, so all told with VAT at 20% :angry: the bill was £177.

Service rates for year 2 are £212. 50 plus the dreaded VAT and year 3 is £280 plus VAT plus consumables.

There is a caveat - the discount apply to customers who service with them year 1, year 2 and year 3.

I once had an unpleasant experience with my nearest dealer, and as Carafit are also closer to my home I always use them.

m

Edited by majorraglan

• 2 weeks later...

Had my valencia first service this week, having paid up front for 3 years servicing, no charge, even though filter and hub lock nuts changed, took the van in for 9. 30, all done for 1. 30, cant fault my dealer, also fixed the stiff kitchen tap. .

Window blinds also alot smoother and water pump alot quieter now. .only thing missing was a van wash :lol:

Mick

I was offered a special discount to win my costom and have my van booked in for its first service at. ...wait for it. ... £67. 50! Got it better than half price plus discounted next year and the year after for loyalty purposes! Very happy bunny indeed. Offer was very limited and not a regular thing so got tin at the right time i think!

The corrosion inhibitor in the Alde system only lasts for 2 years, so new antifreeze required in 2nd service. ...

The blue stuff lasts 2 years, the pink stuff lasts five.

What on earth warrents £350 for a caravan service?

the car doesnt cost that and there is a hell of a lot more to it.

i got charged for a fuse for the omni vent last year . ..thats after the van had been back 3 times to the same dealer for work and factory twice. needless to say it wont be getting serviced at ? ? caravans again !!!

What on earth warrents £350 for a caravan service?

the car doesnt cost that and there is a hell of a lot more to it.

Agreed on the cost being high. .. but spread over 3 years the total is not really much higher than we paid with the Abbey we had through Lowdhams. .. Plus IF Bailey find NO bolts need tightening then the dealer who did our first service has said the price would probably come down anyway.

Not so sure about car servicing costs. .... I do my own. ...But had an exhaust temperature sensor fail on ours. ... Seat wanted £160. 00+ Vat to fit it. .... The sensor was £52 inc VAT and OK you thing exhaust sensor and hard to get to. .. awkward to reach. ... etc etc. .. No it is on a rubber pipe under the bonnet right at the top and took 10 minutes to swap. .... Hmm. .... That makes it over £600 per hour! Seat claim it takes a while and they have to re-set the fault codes. .. But it reset in 30 seconds and I didnt need to plug anything in! So car dealers are just as big a rip off too. ..

I agree main dealer servicing is a rip off but warrantties demand it and i paid £350 for a 5 year service +cam belt on our last car.

Then she went and bought the santa fe she seen in the showroom on collection of the car that had just been serviced.

But £350 for a tin box service and the fridge is not even included :mellow: yeh right

bailey set the servicing price

1st £150 + parts + VAT

2nd £250 + parts + VAT

3rd £350 + parts + VAT

What sort of extra service items/procedures warrant the £200 jump in the cost between the 1st and 3rd years?

Stay safe ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Green Oval Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

They check the torque of the bolts which hold the panels into the edge mouldings.

What sort of extra service items/procedures warrant the £200 jump in the cost between the 1st and 3rd years?

The 3rd year service includes an additional cost to check all the alutech bolts - not sure I agree with it though, as the product should have been fully tested before coming to the market and consumers should not have to pay for this additional safety check. I understand that if Bailey subsequently discover that this check is not required then the cost may drop. I may have this all wrong, but this is my understanding!

They check the torque of the bolts which hold the panels into the edge mouldings.

Wow that must take all of an hour or two! what happened to using antilock nuts or locking glue and why do reefers not have this done on their service (because it is not needed thats why!)

My van does not have alutech so the money is still to be jusifled

The 3rd year service includes an additional cost to check all the alutech bolts - *********

I understand that if Bailey subsequently discover that this check is not required then the cost may drop. I may have this all wrong, but this is my understanding!

Wow that must take all of an hour or two! what happened to using antilock nuts or locking glue and why do reefers not have this done on their service (because it is not needed thats why!)

My van does not have alutech so the money is still to be jusifled

As no van has had to have its 3rd year service yet it is a bit soon to know if the price will drop or not. But I was also told by a main dealer that the price my drop if they find the bolts are fine.

It is not about the Nuts and bolts themselves "becoming loose" more a case of movement in the panels that can make them loose if the foam compresses. But again initial reports from Bailey are they have not moved on their test fleet. So I guess the first year of early adopters may have to pay more but then if they find the ones being used by customers are OK then the price is likely to drop anyway.

One or two extra hours?... I would guess they have allocated 3 extra hours to get under all the trim and round all the internal fittings throughout the van to reach every nut and bolt as they are all hidden and will require a lot more work to reach. Usual hourly rates do work out about £60 ish for servicing on most things so as pointed out dealers can charge less but cannot charge more. We had a 15% discount on our first service and if the dealer finds it doesnt need to use 3 extra hours then they can drop their price accordingly.

Got my Pegasus 462 back today for its first service and they charged me £205. 38 this included filter and workshop materials.