I'm Back!

RichardM

Hello all (again).

I used to be here, but then we sold our Elddis 540 and bought. ...........a motorhome (boo, hiss). We enjoyed the MH but didn't enjoy the lack of space, so we sold that and are now considering coming back to caravanning.

I've spotted this:

SWIFT CONQUEROR 630 LUX TWIN AXLE 4 BERTH FIXED BED CARAVAN, AWNING, YEAR 2000

and was wondering what folk here think of that van for that price.

Also, what's it like having a TA without a mover?

We would be towing with a Range Rover.

Thanks!

PS: we mostly wildcamp or use very small rural CL sites.

Welcome Back Richard .

I been there got the T shirt etc and had caravans then got a MH and was nt long before back to a Caravan .

A twin Axle without a motormover ? Is a killer trying to move a 1800kg caravan unless there is at least 4 strong people especially on a wet grass site . It ruins the enjoyment out of going away struggling with a caravan . So I would recommend fitting a mover .

The caravan looks okay but photos never look the same as seeing something for real as things look better in photos . I would get a independent damp test done or atleast go over it yourself as I would not take a dealer word for it being dry .

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. What about this one?

http://www. ebay. co. u. ..984. m1423. l2649

Has a mover but not a fixed bed (just the two of us, plus three large dogs (Airedales)).

Richard.

Don't know anything about this van but if you decide it's worth a visit call into Bardsea Leisure in Ulverston. WELL worth a visit to see what they have on offer, when I was there a month ago they had a HUGE selection of good 2nd hand vans at all sorts of prices.

My only thought on the van in Dalton is its age so humbly suggest a really good check for damp. Re the suspicious bit doesn't that mean he's a soldier possibly returning to UK - Ufish is used a lot by the Forces free ads I think.

Anyway, ask lots of questions and if not happy walk away, there's always another one round the corner!

Good luck!

MumnTed

If you can its best to see a item before bidding on it as I said things always look good in photos and you have to watch scams .

I like the way the caravan has jaunted from Germany to Cumbria in the 2 ads . Looks like a SCAM but could be a soldier (if you had to bring it back you might have to pay duty ) .

Dave

A twin Axle without a motormover ? Is a killer trying to move a 1800kg caravan unless there is at least 4 strong people especially on a wet grass site . It ruins the enjoyment out of going away struggling with a caravan . So I would recommend fitting a mover .

We have a twin axle, have never ever needed a mover, they are simple to reverse, never yet have we ever had to push our van.

Just use your tow car and save the expense

sent you a pm re a conqueror that may still be for sale near Alloa

Archived