Nec Show - Friday Or Saturday?

I realise Ive not given myself much time to get any answers to this one, but here goes.

Should I go to the NEC show tomorrow (Friday) or Saturday?

The wife and I had planned on going to the NEC tomorrow (Friday) whilst our 5yr old son is at school, but now she wants to go on Saturday with our son for a family day out. I think Saturday will be extremely busy, and not ideal for our son. Would we be better going on Friday.

What do you think.

You'd probably both get a much better chance of seeing around if you go tomorrow - providing you can get someone to look after your son after school. There's not a great deal for young children to do at the show, plus the fact that from what I understand, Saturdays can be quite crowded, whereas weekdays, apart from Tuesdays/opening day/C. C. day, are relatively quiet. (Never been on a Satuday, but we were there on Wednesday, and it was fairly quiet, and this gave us ample opportunity to see all that we wanted too, without having to "queue up").

We have been today and it was very quiet.

there are the usual trade stands - Towsure, Riversway Leisure etc but probably not as many as in past years.

There are a lot motorhomes.

I was hoping to browse various accessory stands as im looking at buying a Wastemaster, Milenco towing mirrors,& camping chairs etc. Is there much choice this year?

I was hoping to browse various accessory stands as im looking at buying a Wastemaster, Milenco towing mirrors,& camping chairs etc. Is there much choice this year?

We didn't bother too much with the accessory stands this year, but Towsure and Riversway Leisure will have all of these, and loads more.

We have been today and it was very quiet. there are the usual trade stands - Towsure, Riversway Leisure etc but probably not as many as in past years. There are a lot motorhomes.

Don't know what time you went today but it was very busy when we went.

According to reports sales are only slightly down on last year. The Bailey stand was packed on both Tuesday and today while we were there.

Saturday. .. Got friends going to look at motorhomes. . Best day of us too as I have to get some work done tomorrow. Want to look at water filter options and some accessories and gadgets. ..

talking to a few sales guys yesterday and they reckon theres 17000 advanced ticket sales for saturday plus those who pay on the day.

seemed quiet yesterday, even got seats easily inside so we could sit eat our sarnies.

talking to a few sales guys yesterday and they reckon theres 17000 advanced ticket sales for saturday plus those who pay on the day.

seemed quiet yesterday, even got seats easily inside so we could sit eat our sarnies.

Same here,we were their yesterday (Thursday) and found plenty of seats for eating sarnies. Really comfortable walking,not crowded at all.

The only problem I had was you never new what hall you were in,could do with more signs IMO. :blink:

Doosan

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

Well SWMBO decided we are going tomorrow (Saturday). Im expecting a crowded day.

So those who have already been this year, how many stands are there selling accessories? Is there a hall full of them, or just a handfull? We're not in the market for a new caravan, but there are a few bits and bobs we need to buy whilst we are there.

So those who have already been this year, how many stands are there selling accessories?

Hi LF, it's impossible to answer that. The reason being that the "middle" area of each hall is taken up with either caravans or motorhomes, and the outer rims, against the walls, are occupied by those selling accessories and vitually everything "from a needle to a haystack" so to speak.

Hi LF, it's impossible to answer that. The reason being that the "middle" area of each hall is taken up with either caravans or motorhomes, and the outer rims, against the walls, are occupied by those selling accessories and vitually everything "from a needle to a haystack" so to speak.

Sounds good. I was fearing that it would be all caravans and no traders stalls.

Cheers

Had a good day at the NEC today (thanks to Steve W77 for the tickets). Was rather busy though, but an ideal place if your in the market for a new caravan and have narrowed it down to a handfull of models, as you can try them all out together.

Thanks.

Are ther many stalls this year selling all the caravan accessories? Or is it mostly sales of caravans?

Surprisingly, I noted stands trying to give you a quote for home gas/electricity, and a lady selling handbags that looked far too chic for taking to the toilet block!

Surprisingly, I noted stands trying to give you a quote for home gas/electricity, and a lady selling handbags that looked far too chic for taking to the toilet block!

your right on there, the wife said handbags for £65 in a caravan show,don't think so

was a lot of people in there, very busy today,spent half the time asking everyone to stop sitting down in all the vans for half an hour having personnel chats as you could not get to look around,

I think they were all using the opportunity for a legthy sit down due to everyone having to sit on floors,

van of the show for me airstream as usual a different world for wow factor

dissapointment of the show carlight, how can you spend 48k on van that does not even have a toilet and carpets that look like they were fitted by kids,

Surprise of the show Defflefs vans & motorhomes, look to be in a league of there own

Bargain of the show Bailey motorhomes, The size & spec you get for around 40k is fantastic & I don't even do motorhomes . There 45k model for space & size is above some of the manufacturers who were asking 60-70k,makes you think were there pricing structures actualy come from.

I tend to disagree about the amount of people attending on Saturday. I was expecting not to be able to move as it was the weekend. I must say that people were all very friendly and had a laugh and a joke as we seemed to meet the same people from stand to stand the comedy just carried on. This show we have bought a porch awning which had about a third off (obviously not very popular or a slow seller) from Towsure but I expected there to be more show discounts from the traders.

At our local caravan bits shop we bought a small porch awning carpet for the size of the new awning and a Calorlite bottle of propane. I'm really surprised at how much lighter they feel compared to the chubby, i've ate all the pies, cylinders.

Same here,we were their yesterday (Thursday) and found plenty of seats for eating sarnies. Really comfortable walking,not crowded at all.

The only problem I had was you never new what hall you were in,could do with more signs IMO. :blink:

Doosan

Couldn,t agree more with your comments about the halls and signs. We spent half of our time there trying to find where we wanted to be, due to the very poor signs. At one point after going round in circles we went outside and walked around the outside of the halls to find the one we wanted.

Also heard a lot of people complaining of the same problem.

I must have been to the NEC too many times. ... I never have a problem finding my way round the halls. ..... Louise kept asking where stuff was and how we would find Subway and the Creche to find our friends. ... She has not been to the NEC more than once a year. ... I go 4 or 5 times some years. ... So it is no problem. .. But inside the halls it all does look the same and takes a while to get a feel for the place. .

Archived